Hello Magento enthusiasts! 👋🏼 If you've ever found yourself in a situation where you needed to fetch the address of a logged-in customer in Magento 2, you're in the right place. In this blog post, we'll explore a step-by-step solution to achieve just that.

The Need for Customer Address in Magento 2
There are various scenarios where obtaining the address of a logged-in customer becomes crucial. Imagine a client who wants to track customer addresses for shipping or other purposes. In such cases, the challenge lies in extracting the customer's address from the current session.
Fear not! I've got you covered. Below, I'll walk you through a simple method to retrieve the address of a logged-in customer in Magento 2.

Method to Get Logged In Customer Address

• AbstractHelper Class:

Magento 2 provides a convenient way to get customer address information through the AbstractHelper class in the Magento framework.
  • Use of CurrentCustomerAddress:

Within this approach, leverage the CurrentCustomerAddress class, available through \Magento\Customer\Helper\Session. This class assists in retrieving the current customer's address information.
  • Custom Helper Class:

Create a custom helper class, for instance, Data, which extends the AbstractHelper class. This class will be the bridge to accessing the necessary methods for obtaining customer addresses
  • Initialization in the Constructor:

Initialize the CurrentCustomerAddress class within the constructor of your custom helper class. This sets up the groundwork for fetching the customer address information.
  • Method to Retrieve Addresses:

Create a method, say getLoggedInCustomerAddress(), within your custom helper class. This method can be used to retrieve both the billing and shipping addresses of the logged-in customer.

Wrapping It Up
That concludes this micro-post on fetching logged-in customer addresses in Magento 2. If you have any questions or uncertainties, feel free to ask in the comments – I'm here to help!
If you found this post valuable for your Magento knowledge, consider sharing it with your friends.
Thank you! 🍀

Learn More: https://meetanshi.com/blog/learn-how...-in-magento-2/

View more threads in the same category: