Greetings, Magento developers! Today, I have a module to share with you that involves a custom Magento 2 API to generate customer token using customer ID. This will come in handy if you're building an application based on Magento 2 and need to regenerate a customer's token from the admin side.

Let me tell you a little story. One day, a colleague of mine asked me, "Is there a way to generate a customer token using their ID through the Magento 2 API?" He was working on an Android app and needed to keep the customer's session active based on their activity. The simplest solution would have been to increase the token expiration time to infinity, but that would have compromised security.

So, we decided to create a custom Magento 2 REST API that could be used to regenerate the token before it expires, in order to keep the session active. In this post, I'll be sharing the entire module for the custom API, as well as how to use it.

For more information, please visit this:- https://meetanshi.com/blog/magento-2...g-customer-id/

View more threads in the same category: