Hello all,

First, let me clarify I'm not expert in mangeto, and I had to use magneto due my supplier requirement, I think it's an awesome platfourm but it's a but tricky for people like me

I have a site that has 2 languages: English and Russian

My clients are all Russian, and for the front end I don't really need English interface.

But my supplier speaks English only, and he would need to upload the products on my behalf to my site, and then I will translate the products name and specification for the Russian version of the site.

I talked to several developers about some issue I have and got contracting answers from each one, and I would appreciate your thoughts to choose the right method.

The products titles in English is used by all the distributors, so if the item name is YYTTRR11, and google it, many websites will show up using the same title.

My questions are:

1- If I keep english and Russian in the front end, will the english website ranking of the site affect my Russian word ranking?

2- Is it better for the SEO to have one language only for the front end?

3- Is there any way to have English and Russian front end, but only Russian products to be found on search engines?

Best,
Alisss

View more threads in the same category: