Magento Expert Forum - Improve your Magento experience

Do you use separate SEO strategies for Google,Yahoo and Bing?

Thanks

I think these all are same process

Thanks

Yes, I use separate strategies for Google,Yahoo and other search engines. More backlinks are required for Google. It pays more attention to backlinks and site authority while Yahoo and Bing pay more attention to the title and Meta tags. Hence, a site takes the time to rank on Google as compared to Yahoo and Bing.

Thanks

Hi,

The problem with developing a marketing strategy around search engines is that - fundamentally - search engines change. 2. Generally speaking, search engines (be they Google or Bing - Yahoo doesn't have their own in-house engine, they use Bing's results) appreciate good marketing.

Thanks

Short answer, no.

Long answer:

1. After doing online marketing - with a focus on search engines - for the better part of a decade, I've learned that search-engine specific marketing strategies are a fool's errand. The problem with developing a marketing strategy around search engines is that - fundamentally - search engines change.

2. Generally speaking, search engines (be they Google or Bing - Yahoo doesn't have their own in-house engine, they use Bing's results) appreciate good marketing. If you do the right things to promote your site:

Create good content
    Promote that content to influential people (journalists, bloggers, website owners, active users on social media)
    Contribute whenever possible (sponsor things, help address common problems, etc.)

You tend to get links, shares, good engagement on your site when someone clicks on a search result, etc. These are all things that search engines are looking at when they rank websites.

3. I've come to learn that usability and engagement are powerful search engine optimization tactics. Creating an engaging site that people like to use has a profound impact on search traffic quantity and quality. I firmly believe Google and Bing are measuring the actions of users on search results pages (eg, measuring how long you're gone after you click on a search result), and using this data to influence rankings.

Summing up how things are done at my firm:

- We don't care about what Google or Bing are doing re: patents, what "tricks" are working right now, etc. These things are distractions.

- We focus on creating and promoting great content. Promotion is hard, but we're getting better at it. Creating great content is easier than ever, fortunately, but it's still a challenge.

- We focus on building relationships with influencers, so that we can pitch them more successfully.

It's hard, difficult work, but it's effective.

My advice: Don't worry about Google and/or Bing. Instead, focus on your users. Create cool stuff, and get influential people in your niche to notice it. Make your website perform better.

If you do these things, you'll enjoy better search engine rankings, AND you'll be able to do more with the visitors that find your site once your rankings improve.

Thanks

No.I usually target mainly Google and I think its enough.Because most of the people use google and if we manage to rank well in google,then we can manage in yahoo and bing.All search engines are almost similar except some changes.I agree all the three have different algorithms and all but we can ignore once we manage to rank in google.If you have time then you can think or focus on yahoo and bing. And one more thing if your website is ranked well in google then you just need little efforts to rank in yahoo and bing.

Thanks

I am doing same strategies for all search engine

Thanks

yes, and you ?

Thanks

i pick google

Thanks

No, I didn't use separate strategies. I can use only one SEO strategy for all search engines.