Magento Expert Forum - Improve your Magento experience

How to import images from the same folder in which csv is located instead of /var/med

Thanks

Default How to import images from the same folder in which csv is located instead of /var/med

When I specify the image name in the image coloumn in csv file, it goes into /var/media to find it.

I want to import images from the same folder in which the csv is located i.e. when I write /image.jpg magento should look into the same folder as csv or it can be C:\imagefolder\image.jpg

I googled for some links. I came to know about this: http://www.blog.magepsycho.com/how-t...rl-in-magento/

This describes how to get images from an external image url. But how do I fetch images from the same folder?

I think I have to do something in app\code\core\Mage\Catalog\Model\Convert\Adapter\P roduct.php

at line 602

$imageFile = trim($importData['_media_image']);
    $imageFile = ltrim($imageFile, DS);
    $imageFilePath = Mage::getBaseDir('media') . DS . 'import' . DS . $imageFile;
    But I am clueless if I should remove the Mage::getBaseDir('media') or do something else

View more threads in the same category:

Thanks

fda.csv Data on warning letters sent to doctors by the U.S. Food and Drug ... to refer to the full path for their location, and anything we save will be written to this folder.) Important: Object and variable names in R should not contain spaces. ... R session by selecting Import Dataset>From Text File in the Environment tab.