Magento Expert Forum - Improve your Magento experience

Suggestion For Improving Website For Ranking

Thanks

Thanks

Hi, I have no idea how to recover from this problem but I am currently understanding this what it is actually and how it affects the websites search engine ranking. I am going to share the URL here where you can know about this algorithm and take some steps to recover it form this alogorithm updates. https://www.brightlocal.com/2018/08/...ness-websites/

Thanks

Is this post just for link stuffing?

Thanks

No, Sara, It's serious. I need some suggestion.

Thanks

In my perspective, the first thing you need to do is taking care of the On-page factor. I think the backlink or off-page factor still plays a very important role, but not as prominent as a couple years ago. So something you might one to consider:
    - Make sure you optimize every single page. SEO is all about the nitty gritty details so the smaller the details, the better you optimize your website.
    - Let's have a look at how you pick keywords or target them. Do some research about semantic search cause it is on the rise in recent years. 5 different pages target for 5 similar keywords with just some slight variation is not viable anymore.
    - Thin content. Yea I know this stuff got repeated over and over again but if you have any piece of content that is too short, get rid of them. You can try to reuse these content idea and stuff thin content with related topics into one single post. I'm sure that post will likely be more SEO-competetive. But do not overdo it since you need quantity also so my advice is to do it in moderation.
    - Internal Linking: yes this is extremely important yet got ignored so many freaking time.
    Regarding the backlink building, just try to stay as clean as possible, I know it's hard but strike for the natural link building. You can do some dirty stuff in the tier 3 link but please, no spam link for your landing page.
    Another thing to consider is Google Adword. Someone told me that Google favored company or individual that used their service (paid service of course) so it might have a bit of positive impact on SEO. It can increase the trust Google has in you and your company, materialize your identity. You are no longer a ghost, an unidentified object. You are a Google customer, a real thing. In addition, running a couple of insight-mining campaign (don't need to spend too much money on this) can give you some useful idea about how users actually searched.
    And if you post your question in this forum, I assume that you might be looking for SEO solution for Magento stores. If so, definitely check out this extension. It's free and you can get this via GitHub. Here's the link: https://github.com/mageplaza/magento-2-seo

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iberis123 View Post
    No, Sara, It's serious. I need some suggestion.
    Hey! Always happy to help in DM, I can help you out too