Magento Expert Forum - Improve your Magento experience

What is the importance of the HTML DOCTYPE?

Thanks

The doctype declaration should be the very first thing in an HTML document, before the tag. The doctype declaration is not an HTML tag; it is an instruction to the web browser about what version of the markup language the page is written in. The doctype declaration refers to a Document Type Definition (DTD).

Thanks

The doctype declaration should be the first thing in an HTML document,before the html tag.
    The doctype declaration is not HTML tag;it is an instruction to the web browser about what version of the markup language the page is written.
    The doctype declaration refers to a Document Type Definition (DTD).The DTD specifies the rules for the markup language, so taht the browser can render the content correctly

4. The Following User Says Thank You to alviya For This Useful Post:

nortonm (16-06-2018)

Thanks

The DOCTYPE declaration must be the very first thing in your HTML document, before the <html> tag. The <!DOCTYPE> declaration is not an HTML tag, it is an instruction to the web browser about what version of HTML the page is written in.

Thanks

Doctype is not a tag it indicate the version of HTML which you used

Thanks

Yes! I agree with you.

Thanks

In simple words, doctype is a describe what languages are you using in your page.

Cafeteria Chairs | Student Writing Chairs | Revolving Office Chairs

Thanks

Hello, guys! It is really very interesting here, but I have to say that I prefer using Wordpress for making websites. I think it is really the best way to do it these days. I would like to recommend you to take a look at those themes from https://www.templatemonster.com/cate...dpress-themes/ and I am sure that you will like using them too, good luck with it
    Last edited by Kenter; 03-08-2018 at 12:41 PM.

Thanks

<!DOCTYPE> is used so that the browser can understand what type of document to expect. This tells the web browser about the language that you are going to use on your webpage.

Thanks

When authoring document is HTML or XHTML, it is important to Add a Doctype declaration. This makes sure the document will be parsed the same way by different browsers.

The simplest and most reliable doctype declaration to use is the one defined in HTML5:

<!DOCTYPE html>
    If you need a doctype matching a specific version of (X)HTML, the doctype declaration must be exact (both in spelling and in case) to have the desired effect, which makes it sometimes difficult. To ease the work, below is a list of recommended doctype declarations that you can use in your Web documents.

Thanks

HTML doctype is a kind of declaration made for the browser and the first thing before adding any tag. It declares about the markup version used for that particular web page, making an instruction to the browser.