Magento Expert Forum - Improve your Magento experience

Php vs Python

Thanks

Default Php vs Python

Ive come here to learn about magneto and eCommerce in general but this thread caught my eye so im going to post here first.

Ive worked somewhat with php , and i know many if not mos web developer jobs and websites ( dynamic ) are currently running on php as their main markup language .

However i have read alot about ruby on rails and python and the "Languages that will end php". Now im not for or against any of these languages , i guess my question is , is it possible , should we be learning the newer languages in addition to improving our older ones? I mean i cant magine lets say wordpress switching over to python hahaha.

But what i do see is a greater amount of jobs every month in the web developer industry with regards to python especially .

View more threads in the same category:

Thanks

As for PHP vs Python, I don't think there's a better/worse comparison, as there's a give and take.

PHP has an amazing community and online documentation. You will find answers to most questions you have VERY quickly. However, it's popularity and ease of use/implementation has brought with it a lot of sub-standard code and packages. Even within the language there are many quarks and inconsistencies.
    If you go PHP - ALWAYS USE A GOOD FRAMEWORK!!!! Laravel would be my recommendation

Python has a reputation for being a high-level language. It's focus is on the ease of use. It takes a while to get used to the syntax coming from Java, but you get the hang of it. Once you do, you will see that the code is much more readable than other languages.

Book Public Notice Ad in Newspaper | Motivational Team Building Games | Team Building Activities in Office
    Last edited by trzy; 20-05-2019 at 05:01 AM.

Thanks

My views have change a bit since i posted that firs post. Ive scratched around on python after navigating php and java pything is a breeze i wouldnt call it a "high level llanguage" while php certianly is not high level, what you learn from its crazy syntax is very good debugging ( sometimes not even logical ).

Php's ease of use as a entry level makes it the go to for most starting back end guys. Many of those people are not serious about what they do, hobbyists if anything, and thats resulting in alot of bad code and packages , giving php a bad name.

I understand now after working a bit in python that yes python is powerful most definitely in what it does, but php is just so ( for its functionality on the web ) , bu too many variables. Programmers being the main one can make a language look like rubbish or absolute gold.

Thanks

I always love to know about new things, thank your views on it.

Thanks

PHP and Python both are a functional language. PHP is used for a long time by web developers. Still, it is one of the favorable choices for web development. While many developers also appreciate python. So, I think it is difficult to choose one language from php and python.

Thanks

Python is a broadly useful programming language, and it tends to be gotten in all respects rapidly.The linguistic structure is a lot less complex and the code is amazingly coherent when contrasted with a similar code written in other programming dialects. PHP, then again, wasn't intended to be a broadly useful language.