Magento Expert Forum - Improve your Magento experience

Interview With Senior Magento Developer Sean Breeden

Thanks

Default Interview With Senior Magento Developer Sean Breeden

Sean Breeden is a Magento Certified Developer and Developer Plus. He is currently working at Jamersan as a Magento Developer, and has a vast experience working in different organizations in senior and leading positions. He was awarded the “StackOverflow Magento Badge” which is a sheer proof that he is a super-active member in Magento community. So, we contacted him and got in touch with him to know more about what he’s up to nowadays. So, read along and let’s find out:

Arpatech: Sean, you have a vast experience of the development side. From 2006 to 2016 you were working in InteractOne as Senior Developer. How was your experience with InteractOne? What challenges did you face in these years? How did you start your career with Magento? Share some interesting experiences and some challenging times of your career with our readers.

Sean: Like any developer in any agency, my experiences in the decade that I was with InteractOne had its ups and downs. I always tried to be helpful to developers who were just starting out and provided support to everyone whenever it was needed. I’d like to think that I taught as much as I learned over the years. Even though I have moved on, I do wish them all the best.

I got started with Magento on the recommendation from a friend when it was still in beta. After spending some time evaluating Magento as a possible alternative to our current e-commerce solutions, I brought it to the attention to our VP. It was very frustrating trying to work with Magento at first but as time went on, it became more familiar. Now, I love it and can’t imagine not working with it every day.

The most difficult challenge early on was getting clients to make the jump to Magento. Few people had heard of it and were skeptical about making the switch. It seemed that e-commerce was in a state of flux in the mid-2000s with a lot of companies attempting to make a great online shopping package but no one had anything that was secure and affordable. There were the usual expensive giants out there and there was also no shortage of smaller, loosely maintained packages. No one stepped up to the plate the way Magento did. I knew it was the way to go and I’ve never regretted my decision to specialize in it.

My first professional project with Magento was a site that needed a brand’s page with images that linked to detail pages. Figuring out how to write my first Magento grid and uploader was challenging so it took a few weeks to complete the project. It’s something I could do in less than an hour now. Looking back to the beginning it amazes me how far it’s all progressed in a relatively short period of time.

Since then I have worked on projects ranging from very small businesses to Fortune 500 companies.

Read Complete Interview Here: http://arpatech.com/blog/dont-get-di...-sean-breeden/

View more threads in the same category:

Thanks

Sean Breeden is a Magento Certified Developer and Developer Plus. He is currently working at Jamersan as a Magento Developer