Magento Expert Forum - Improve your Magento experience

Should I optimize my domain name to include keywords?

Thanks

Your primary domain should not be a keyword just for the sake of keyword optimization - that can actually spoil your SEO. If your company name happens to have a keyword, that's fine, but don't go buying seocompanyinmumbai.com. Get what I mean?

Thanks

Yes,you can optimize your domain but it must not looks like a keyword.Exact-match-domain is a google algorithm will affect if your domain is same as the keywords.

Thanks

As per my experience, There is no problem adding keyword in your domain. It is also good idea to optimize your site more SEO friendly. I also agree with @Lisa, I also would not recommend to adding all keyword in the domain like DigitalMarketingServiceProviderInIndiaSeoServices. com.

Thanks

Yes,you can optimize your domain with keywords, but Exact-match-domain(EMD) is a google algorithm will affect if your domain is same as the keywords.

Thanks

How do Domain Names and Extensions Affect SEO. ... There are about 200 ranking factors in Google's algorithm, and domain name is only one of them; thus it has very little to no effect with the site's SEO. However, having a well thought SLD and TLD will definitely help in many ways.