Magento Expert Forum - Improve your Magento experience

Magento run smoothy on Windows Hosting?

Thanks

Default Magento run smoothy on Windows Hosting?

I'm in the process of launching a very small e-commerce site and I am looking for a reliable yet inexpensive host to run Magento. The end site will only have 4 total products (extremely simple) so I don't need anything crazy. I'm most interested in keeping my costs down at first, then possibly upgrading as the traffic increases.

Are there any recommendations that anyone would make for my situation? Currently I'm using hostforlife.eu as my hosting provider and I use their windows hosting plan. Can Magento run perfectly on windows hosting environment? Is there any issues? I have asked their team and they said that Magento can run on their hosting environment. I just want to know the issue when run my Magento site on Windows hosting

Additionally, aside from the Magento requirements, what are the other main things I would need to ensure security or anything else on the site? I'm assuming I will use:
    - shared hosting
    - SSL (is there a specific type of SSL that I need?)

Thanks for all the help. The forums have been great for me to browse through. Cheers!

View more threads in the same category:

Thanks

Anyone please? Thank you.

Thanks

Are you search in hosting review &forum websites?

Thanks

You can run magento on LINUX operating system. LINUX x86, x86-64.
    Supported web servers: Apache 1.3.x, Apache 2.0.x, Apache 2.2.x
    I never come across anyone who did the host it on a windows platform for a live site. If you are going to host your website on windows, then there is a big issue with your site.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mamamia View Post
    I'm in the process of launching a very small e-commerce site and I am looking for a reliable yet inexpensive host to run Magento. The end site will only have 4 total products (extremely simple) so I don't need anything crazy. I'm most interested in keeping my costs down at first, then possibly upgrading as the traffic increases.

Are there any recommendations that anyone would make for my situation? Currently I'm using hostforlife.eu as my hosting provider and I use their windows hosting plan. Can Magento run perfectly on windows hosting environment? Is there any issues? I have asked their team and they said that Magento can run on their hosting environment. I just want to know the issue when run my Magento site on Windows hosting

Additionally, aside from the Magento requirements, what are the other main things I would need to ensure security or anything else on the site? I'm assuming I will use:
    - shared hosting
    - SSL (is there a specific type of SSL that I need?)

Thanks for all the help. The forums have been great for me to browse through. Cheers!
    Appreciate This Post