Magento Expert Forum - Improve your Magento experience
How to transfer data from nopCommerce to Magento with Litextension
NopCommerce is a free downloadable eCommerce software that offers users a customizable shopping cart, a catalog frontend, and administration tools. Howerver, the software is still buggy and web developers or store owners still have to do their own hosting. So, webmasters give recommendation that users should choose a more comprehensive, such as Magento, instead.
Magento is a poweful e-commerce platform with its flexibility, plenty of templates, especially, good SEO and marketing tools. With different nice features and functions, Magento quickly becomes the most popular shopping cart in 2015.
If you are running with nopCommerce and have intention of migrating to Magento, you can discover below tool guide or more detail at nopCommerce to Magento migration tool
STEP 1: SOURCE CART CONFIGURATION
Cart Type: select corresponding source cart type (osCommerce, ZenCart, VirtueMart, WooCommerce,…..)
Cart Url: source cart full url
Cart Token: the token string which has been configured in connector.php
STEP 2: MIGRATION CONFIGURATION
- Root Category: the category of current Magento store to import all source cart categories into.
- Product Attribute Set: select an Attribute Set which is used to import products, all necessary attributes in migration process will be created in to this set.
- Languages Mapping: If your Source Cart is multilingual, corresponding languages ( or storeviews) should be available in Target Magento Store. You may need to create additional languages in Magento Store to avoid data loss.
- Currencies Mapping: Assign Source Cart currencies to proper Target Magento Store currencies. Creating currencies in Target Magento Store may be needed.
- Orders Status Mapping: Assign Source Cart order statuses to proper Target Magento Store order statuses. Creating additional order statues in Target Magento Store may be needed.
- Entities to Migrate: select all entities to migrate or just a part of them.
- Migrate recent data: if you choose this option, it will migrate new data only. Supposed you have just finished a full migration from your current Source store to Target store, after that Source store is still live and continue getting new data, and you want to get your Target store updated with the new data, select this feature to avoid starting over again.
- Clear current data on Target Store before Migration: if you choose this option, all current products, categories, manufacturers, customers, orders, product reviews, taxes will be cleared.
- Migrate categories and products SEO URLs: if you choose this option, old SEF urls of source will be preserved in Target Magento Store, allowing you to maintain your Pagerank.
- Transfer images in product descriptions to Target Store: download all images in product description into your store so that it won’t have to refer back to your source store or anywhere else for images.
- Preserve Customer IDs on Target Store: this will help you preserve your old Customer IDs for easier reference.
- Preserve Order IDs on Target Store: this will help you preserve your old Order IDs for easier reference
STEP 3: MIGRATION
The migration will take place automatically in this final step. In order for it to progress, you should not close your browser of remove Source Cart Connector.
WHICH DATA BE MIGRATED?
- CUSTOMER PASSWORD
- SEO URL
- CUSTOM FIELD
- NO DOWNTIME
- WORK ONLINE OR OFFLINE
- PRESERVE IDs
- SELECT DATA MIGRATION
- MIGRATE RECENT DATA
- CLEAR DATA BEFORE MIGRATION
- FAIL-SAFE MIGRATION
- NO THIRD PARTY
Contact LitExtesion team for more support http://litextension.com/contacts/
View more threads in the same category:
Online business can try with Magento migration tool that is an automated solution of LitExtesion to migrate database from magento 1.x to magento 2. Although Magento releases Magento 2.2, Magento 2.0 is the most popular version of Magento 2. See the detailed information:
– Upgrade Magento 1.7 to 2.0
– Upgrade Magento 1.8 to 2.0
– Upgrade Magento 1.9 to 2.0
– Magento 2 upgrade (supported all version of Magento 2)
Tags for this Thread