Magento Expert Forum - Improve your Magento experience

Warehouse / Dropshipping Stock Synchronisation Question

Thanks

Default Warehouse / Dropshipping Stock Synchronisation Question

Dear Experts,

I need some help regarding a stock sync with a 3rd party warehouse/drop shipper. (I am reading around the forum but any help or guidance would be appreciated.)

The scenario is the following:
    I found a drop shipping service and want to sell about 30-50 product of theirs on my site.
    The main issue is that the available stock of the said products in the warehouse is constantly changing (as they are selling and receiving products).

So, somehow I need to sychronise the stock information (in or out of stock) of the warehouse with my site on a regular basis. Otherwise I can run into a scenario when I sell a product on my site but the warehouse is out of stock.
    The warehouse can provide me a Stock Feed file (csv,xml) with details like:
    ...<product type='sub'>
    <code>Product Code</code>
    <name><![CDATA[Product name]]></name>
    <stock>7</stock>
    <status>In Stock</status>
    </product>...

My question is: what would be the best way to synchronise my store with the warehouse to be able to provide the stock information on my frontend. No exact available stock is needed, basically in stock/out of stock would be enough for start.
    Is it something that Magento can handle by default or I need to get an extension?

Thanks for reading and any help and guidance would be appreciated.

View more threads in the same category:

Thanks

Setting up drop shipping with Magento is not a hectic task, you can check this guide about Magento drop shipping ssetup and extensions.

Thanks

Stock Issues - If you stock your own things, it's easy to monitor what things are out of stock or not. While sourcing from various distinctive stockrooms or shippers, stock changes regularly. You can keep your items in a state of harmony with your providers normally.

Thanks

Name:  Magento-Drop-Shipping-1.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  53.8 KB
    Magento Drop shipping is gaining popularity since the last few years. This type of retail fulfillment method is great for entrepreneurs as it does not require stocking the products. The merchant doesn’t have to order inventory or fulfill orders. All this is taken care of by third-party suppliers. There’s no need to open brick-and-mortar store, hire employees, or pay overheads costs when you choose drop shipping. Despite all this, business owners can reap the lion’s share of profits.

Drop shipping isn’t a new business model. Millions of entrepreneurs prefer to choose drop shipping these days as it is a hassle-free option and does not require any investment. And the major benefit? – No need to maintain inventory – Just concentrate on bringing new customers and increasing sales.

Top reasons to choose Magento dropshipping for your ecommerce business and learn how to make profits with this method - https://i-verve.com/blog/magento-drop-shipping

Thanks

One of the biggest challenge with drop shipping is that it can be difficult to know when an item is available at the warehouse – and when it's out of stock. When a customer orders an item that is listed in-stock and then discovers it's actually not available, it's a very poor experience.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by besthotellahore View Post
    One of the biggest challenge with drop shipping is that it can be difficult to know when an item is available at the warehouse – and when it's out of stock. When a customer orders an item that is listed in-stock and then discovers it's actually not available, it's a very poor experience.
    I agree with you. This happens very often in many warehouses. The reason is that the search system in warehouses is not optimized and there are almost no quality warehouse anywhere. Most amazon and alibaba warehouses simply store goods in boxes on floors without any signs. That is why it is very difficult to find a specific product. This is how to look for a needle in a haystack. If manufacturers installed warehouse racks, there would be no problem finding one or the other goods.