The world of eCommerce is changing continually. Every platform is unique to some degree. After a careful research and also basing on expert's suggestion, I can do a comparison review of Shopify, Magento, Bigcommerce, and ShoppingCartElite.

Magento is known as one of the best e-commerce platforms and the trend of Magento mobile app is rising very quickly. However, Magento does not give you a head start. The mobile e-commerce settings are not set up enough in a way that it doesn’t work great with mobile phones such as iPhones, Androids, Blackberry or other smart phones.

Shopify is a leading online shop builder and also deals with mobile apps but although, it is a good customizable platform Shopify is probably more expensive than other platforms, and their prices are changing every time.

Bigcommerce is a fully cloud-based (web-hosted) e-commerce software. However, this platform is not designed for the mobile web. It just has not been built-in support for a mobile version of your shop front, check out, and a mobile-optimized version of the admin.

An alternative solution, and better one, in my opinion, would be ShoppingCartElite. It’s highly customizable like Magento. However, it will take a little time to set up, and unlike Shopify, which is practically plugged and play. This platform works with web shopping cart to offer an end to end mobile capabilities across Mobile Web, Tablet Web and Native Apps on iOS, Android while giving a merchant the right tools to engage with mobile users to driven higher conversions.

So, I can conclude that the web platforms like Magento, Shopify, Bigcommerce is built and optimized for providing higher conversions on web. Unlike ShoppngCartElite, they don't offer compelling mobile capabilities, which match web conversion rate and hence fall short.

I hope this will help you to choose most suitable to your business needs and market demands.

More references: Top Benefits of Using Magento eCommerce Platform For Your Online Business

View more threads in the same category: