Magento Expert Forum - Improve your Magento experience

Seperate store/webpage?

Thanks

Default Seperate store/webpage?

Hi,

I am new to Magento. Someone has set up Magento webpage for us, but now he is not working with us anymore.

We have complete webpage (www.geneplanet.com), and option to select different pages in different languages sections. Now we would need to set up identical content to existing one (english web page), but on separate url address. The new page (domain name) should also not be visible from language dropdown menu, that is now on the first page. Later we will change some pictures and currency for purchase option, but basically the page will be identical to existing one.

I would be really helpful if someone can point me in direction what to do like; do I need to set up new website or store,.. do I need to copy content since it will be mostly the same but some chnages will be made (different pictures, currency,..)

Thank you.

View more threads in the same category:

Thanks

Hi andrejker, do you want to hire a magento dev to help you in some hours?

Thanks

Hey, if i understand you correctly the plan is following:
    - go to the admin panel of your store - insert system - manage stores
    - click and create an item on each button "create website", "create store", "create store view" one by one. Check that every next item is the "daughter" item of the previous one.
    - then go to the insert System - Configuration, find the box "Current Configuration Scope" and choose there a store, which you have just created.
    - and in this store then you can change store settings

Thanks

@david - thank you, but I think I should try to do it myself, because I will have to edit and update it later and it should be easier.

@Roman_Y. - Thanks for suggestion. I looked quickly over and it should be feasible to do. Just one thing I do not understand: In the "manage stores" now I have stores and websites: GP (website - only one) - GP (store name - only one) - English (store view name - i have also Slovenian, German.. 6 others here).
    You suggest that I set up my new domain/web page as new Website (e.g. GP-1) and the same setting for it as GP? This should link it to existing content in english site? Or do I need to create content from the scratch?
    Is there a quick way to copy content on the web page from one to the other?

Maybe the best way for me is to create new items and not keep the same, if I will later need to change pictures linked to items?