Magento Expert Forum - Improve your Magento experience

Dividing the cart page into multiple pages.

Thanks

Question Dividing the cart page into multiple pages.

I am asked to create a mobile theme without using any responsive theme.
    So I have created a custom mobile theme by copying the magento's "iphone" theme to my package and modifying it.
    i.e. app/design/frontend/mypackage/iphone

In the cart.phtml Page(http://www.example.com/mystore/checkout/cart/) there are following items...
    1.product lists which are added to cart.

2.Delivery method choose (country, post-code). On selecting it shows "Delivery options dropdown related to the country and postal code".
    i.e. $this->getChildHtml('shipping'); //webshopapps/productmatrix/checkout/cart/shipping.phtml

3.Subtotal, Tax, Total price (changes according to Delivery method).
    i.e. $this->getChildHtml('totals');

4.Payment method(paypal, amazon, credit-card checkout)

All are present in the single page and from this page the checkout page is redirected ,where the billing address,delivery address,payment details are present.

I am asked to divide it into four pages.Like..

1.product listing with a checkout button.

2.On clicking this button it will redirect me to a page which have the log in form for customer or guest. and a delivery option button.

3.On clicking the button it will redirect me to a page which have the Delivery option. total, tax etc with a payment button.

4.On clicking the payment button it will redirect me to the payment method page..
    and finally from this page to checkout page,where the billing address,delivery address,payment details are present in one page.

So basically I want to divide the cart.phtml page into 4 pages before going to checkout page. Please suggest how it can be possible ?

Thanks.

View more threads in the same category:

Thanks

Hey, if you want to divide all this stuff into 4 pages, you can do it in two ways:
    1. make or find a module which can do it automatically.
    2. create CMS pages and then write in the content data of all these four pages manualy.

Thanks

First, open the PDF file that you want to break into different parts. Click on the Tools pane, Pages panel and select the Split Document command. The Split Document dialog allows you to control the split by the number of pages in a file, file size, or by top-level bookmarks.