Magento Expert Forum - Improve your Magento experience

Two types of checkout process for a single store

Thanks

Question Two types of checkout process for a single store

My Magento store using a custom theme for desktop view. Now it is required to create a mobile theme for that store without using any responsive theme. So I just created a mobile theme(copied from the default magento's "iphone" theme and paste it into my package) inside the custom package.

The theme for desktop view is using the onepage checkout process.
    But I am asked to setup a multi-step checkout process in the mobile theme. i.e. the browser has to load a new URL for each step.
    How is it possible to have two types of checkout process for a single store ? If possible, how can I achieve such thing ?
    Or is there any alternative option to achieve this functionality ?

Thanks.

View more threads in the same category:

Thanks

Although, there are no replies to this thread, I am continuing this thread with my own query.

We are into Magento e-commerce development and one of our Magento developers while working on an e-commerce project is stuck on one thing.
    While developing a fast checkout process for one of our Magento e-commerce products and for that, we want to store credit card details like Name, Card number and Expiry date. Is there any third party extension or any official Magento extension with which we can store and fetch credit card details of repeat customers?

Any help or any suggestions guiding us are most welcome.

Thanks a lot

Thanks

With either checkout process — checking out as guest, or creating an account — the first step is to input your email. The main objective behind grabbing the email address is for shopping cart abandonment campaigns.

Thanks

A one-page checkout displays all elements of a standard checkout including basket contents, billing and shipping address, shipping options, and payment information on one page. Originally, one-page checkouts were put into practice in an effort to simplify the check out process with fewer clicks and fewer pages.