Magento Expert Forum - Improve your Magento experience

Should I choose Magento or WooCommerce?

Thanks

Cool Should I choose Magento or WooCommerce?

Magento and WooCommerce are top two best eCommerce platforms at the moment. Magento continues to hold the 1st position with a powerful eCommerce system, a large feature source. WooCommerce plugin is on the road to success to conquer user’s heart after 7 years of developing. The number of WooCommerce site reaches a highest point (7.4% of all ecommerce stores).

Name:  magento_woocommerce.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  82.8 KB

Magento and WooCommerce have strengths and features for different needs and different segments.

Magento
    Magento interface is friendly for users on the basic level. There are a lot of tutorial videos and helps from communities to set up. However, everything becomes more difficult when adding extensions to site. Magento requires core knowledge in coding and development.

With Community version, users can download and use freely but no guarantee the advices & plugins. If you want to the better support and a high scalable features in built, you can pay fees for Enterprise Version. Magento has mainly commercial extensions. Few extensions is free. Moreover, adding extensions need technical knowledge. In many case, users must hire a developer to install the extension properly.
    People can start Magento site free but need a big budget to develop and expand store effectively.

WooCommerce
    WooCommerce is a light platform, easy to add on WordPress and manage. Setting up is relatively simple. Developers can be available to choose and add many high plugins without worrying about difficulty of management

WooCommerce is a free eCommerce platform. You can download it in the Internet. You install WordPress and add WooCommerce plugin. You will find many free themes, extensions for WooCommerce and install them quickly and easily.

Magento is great, no doubt about it. However, when you choose an eCommerce platform, you should think about your long-term goal and your budget, what you need not what the software provide.

“If your expected turnover isn’t at least $1M/ year, Magento is almost certainly not right for you”Mark (Boagworld forum)

You are using Magento store. You feel that the budget for Magento is too big and management system is complicated. In your mind, you want to use WooCommerce with simple things. You should try with Magento to WooCommerce Migration Tool by LitExtension, which can turn dreams into reality.

WooCommerce or Magento? Make a Right Choice at http://litextension.com/blog/woocomm...a-right-choice

Litextension.com

View more threads in the same category:

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alex118 For This Useful Post:

AnglePT (08-12-2015),kanesimicart (04-12-2015),NgocEM (04-12-2015)

Thanks

"It is no doubt that WooCommerce would take out Magento. Magento is more for the novice to mid-expert website administrator. But if you have a team of developers and coders working on a website that really wants to blow out the competition and set the biggest footprint in your industry with immense customizations, then Magento is the way to go."

Thanks

Magento is open source software as a wealth of reliable e-commerce today. But even install, edit, complex operating it, let alone to design, code, it takes a lot of time, new experiences are perceived.
    If you are really serious and long-term oriented, try to both work and school, the value that it then you'll see no more software where.
    I also use MAGENTO for my business. And it's great platform for m-commerce.
    Visit my home page : Simicart.com

Thanks

People recognize that Magento is suitable for large business and agencies with grand plans or existing successful online store. Smaller businesses with less developing experience should use WordPress and WooCommerce.

Thanks

Thanks for this! Do you find that Woocommerce becomes slower than Magento after many orders and products have built up in the database?

Thanks

I voted for Magento because of many amazing features.

Thanks

Hosting of Magento is quite complicated. Magento store requires some technical knowledge to set up server. Magento developers usually use dedicated servers or cloud plan to keep Magento store running stably. Shared hosting plan is expensive.
    http://blog.litextension.com/woocomm...ight-choice-2/

Thanks

Current e-commerce scenario, Magento is most useful platform for ecommerce store. It has great features and functionalities. Also suitable for large and long term business to build a successful online store. So if you have large business then magento one of the best options for you.

Thanks

Even you choosed woocommerce or magento, you're still able to transfer data to magento or vice versa to find the most suitable one for your shop by Litextension tool

What data Migrated Here?
    PRODUCTS
    PRODUCT CATEGORIES
    CUSTOMERS
    ORDERS
    SEO URLs *
    CUSTOM FIELDS *
    REVIEWS
    TAXES
    MANUFACTURERS
    And many additional features that do not require extra cost.
    Check it out at Woocommerce to Magento migration tool
    and Magento to woocommerce migration data for detail!

Thanks

Today the world had transformed into a more digital one compared to the previous decades. Online business has become more popular than ever before. Demand of migrating data from one cart to other cart increase. Each online business want to use the best shopping cart for their business. Discuss about the e-commerce platforms and choose the most suitable cart for online store: https://shoppingcartmigration.wordpr...ing-cart-2016/

WooCommerce vs Magento. What is your choice?

Thanks

I choose magento an open source ecommerce platform suited for large scale and long run time ,created a best ecommerce store for the top brands globally. Magento 2 has launched has been the best it has n number of features and technologies to create ecommerce app the best source is Apphitect Mobile Commerce. For More Info Go to http://www.apphitect.ae/mobile-commerce-app.php

Thanks

Hi Guys,

In my opinion, i want to suggest you to choose Magento. As you can see many reason why you should do it from another answers in this topic. So i will not say about it, i will show you a Magento Provider. It’s One-stop shop for Powerful and Smart Magento® Extensions, Themes.

And 1 more, let’s take a look at Top 10 Magento Extensions for eCom store to boost sales.
    Thanks for you attention!