If you are looking for simple and fast solution to migrate old OpenCart to Magento, Litextension Migration tool is the best solution to move database. It allows you to migrate products, categories, attributes, customers, password, orders and even SEO URL to Magento from OpenCart. The process does not requires high technical knowledge.
For Source Store:
- Please ensure you have the right permission to your Source Store. Source Store can operate normally during migration as it requires a very limited resource for the process.
For Target Store:
- Target Store should be placed in a stable hosting or in localhost.
- PHP Curl must be enabled.
- PHP Fopen must be On.
- It also must not block connection to Source Store.
- Webserver should have full permission to write on /media folder.
It is strongly recommended to backup Magento Target Store first.
After downloading the product zip file from our Store, please extract it into a folder. The module consists of two main parts: Cart Migration Magento Module (“app” and “skin” folder) and Source Cart Connector ("magento_connector" folder)
2.1 Cart Migration Magento Module Setup
Magento Data Migration Module is a Magento Module which acts like a hub at Magento side to receive data and import it into Magento database. It can be installed just like all other Magento Modules, please follow our general Installation Guide:
2.2 Source Cart Connector Setup
Extract “Magento_connector” into Source Cart root folder. After finished please make sure Migration Connector can be reached at: http(s)://yourstore.com/magento_connector/connector.php
After finished please make sure Migration Connector can be reached at: http(s)://yourstore.com/magento_connector/connector.php
For security, please open connector.php, find this very first line:
And change "123456" to another string, this will be used to enter to the Migration Form( Cart Token ) and acts like "password" to prevent unauthorized data access to your source store.
Please login your Magento Target Store backend, select Cart Service Migration > Migration
The migration will go through 3 simple steps. Just hit “Next” when you finish one step to advance.
3.1 Migration Step 1: Source Cart Configuration
Cart Type: select corresponding source cart type (OpenCart)
Cart Url: source cart full url
Cart Token: the token string which has been configured in connector.php
3.3 Migration Step 2: Migration Configuration
Root Category: the category of current Magento store to import all source cart categories into.
Product Attribute Set: select an Attribute Set which is used to import products, all necessary attributes in migration process will be created in to this set.
Languages Mapping: If your Source Cart is multilingual, corresponding languages should be available in Target Magento Store. You may need to create additional languages in Magento Store to avoid data loss.
Currencies Mapping: Assign Source Cart currencies to proper Target Magento Store currencies. Creating currencies in Target Magento Store may be needed.
Orders Status Mapping: Assign Source Cart order statuses to proper Target Magento Store order statuses. Creating additional order statues in Target Magento Store may be needed.
Entities to Migrate: select all entities to migrate or just a part of them.
3.4 Migration Step 3: Migration
The migration will take place automatically in this final step. In order for it to progress, you should not close your browser.
After the migration is completed, click on “Clear Cache and ReIndex Data” to finish. If you don’t want to run it right here or it returns false here, you can do that manually in System > Cache Management and System > Index Management
4. Migration Resuming
When a problem occurring on the migration process, Cart Migration Module provide the ability to resume the process in two ways:
- Automatically resume on the spot: the tool will automatically resume after a failure until all data is imported.
- Manually resume: you can refresh the page to go back to Step 1 and click on “Resume”, this is helpful when you want to temporarily stop migration and resume when you want to.
More details: http://litextension.com/blog/how-to-...rt-to-magento/
View more threads in the same category:
- A Presentation of Web to Print Storefront Solutions
- Speed Up Your Ecommerce Store and Boost your Conversion Rate
- A complete Web to Print Storefront Solutions
- New Magento 2 Blog Widget
- Stimulate adding more products to cart with advanced AJAX
- Magento 2 Marketplace
- Free Responsive Slideshow
- Reward Points for Pickup Stores
- Magento Layered Navigation
- Best Magento extension to build image gallery