All Magento seniors agree that cron jobs do help them extensively in terms of time and resource savings. As a beginner, you are fortified to enhance your ability to set up and run your first cron job following our tips shared below. Note that cron only works if the server which your Magento hosts is already setup for cronjobs.
There are two options to setup cron jobs for a Magento server:
1. Use cPanel to setup cronjobs
Log onto cPanel, move to Cron jobs:
Select the parameters to set up a new Cron Job:
You are able to either choose quick setup in the Common Settings or select individual options for Minute, Hour, Day, Month and Weekday.Note that:
Minute: how frequency in minutes per running time? Or at which minute of the hour it runs?
Hour: how frequency in hours per running time? Or at which hour?
Day: how frequency in days per running time? Or on which days of the month?
Month: how frequency in months per running time? Or in which months of the year ?
Weekday: On which days of the week?
Command: php -f /absolute_path_of_your_magento_root_folder/cron.php
Eg.php -f /home/abc/public_html/cron.php
After you have selected the options, click “Add New Cron Job”
2. Use ssh to setup Cron jobs:
READ FULL LESSON : http://www.magesolution.com/blog/set-cron-jobs-magento/
View more threads in the same category:
- Equip your M2store with a powerful analytics tool
- Top 10 Useful Forums for Magento developers to Learn and Discuss
- How to Update Magento 2
- The breakthrough in Magento 2 Extension Development
- How to Manage reports in Magento 2 ?
- How to Create a Professional Blog in Magento 2
- Top Great blogs to learn about Magento 2
- Immediate Requirement of PHP Team Lead position in Hyderabad.
- Significance of getting best essay writing service assistance to do your essay paper
- free website Promotion ways you can’t live without !