Magento Expert Forum - Improve your Magento experience

Image Import csv Fail

Thanks

Default Image Import csv Fail

Hey, new here, I have a website for a client where we are using the community version of Magento. This client has many products that he will be importing via csv files. One issue we are having is getting it to import the images along with the products properly. It is my understanding that you can set up a folder inside the 'media' folder on the ftp server. Place all the images you want to upload into that folder, and in the csv file under any of the image columns, pair the product with the corresponding image inside the media>import folder. For example, I have a media folder containing a subfolder called import that I created on the ftp and place an image image_01.jpg in that import folder. Then in my csv file under the image column I have "/image_01.jpg". When uploading the csv file though the new product will show, all the information from the csv file is there, everything except the image. I have tried this many times and cannot seem to get it to work properly. If anyone has some insight to why this is or if there is an easy way to import the product images without having to go through each product individually and upload each image, any help would be greatly appreciated.

View more threads in the same category:

Thanks

Hi all
    I am facing a problem in adding product in catalog using csv file. When i upload csv file and run profile in popup it completes the profile execution and import 75 records message appears. But when i move back to my catalog i cant find new imported products there. Need to add many more products. Please help me if you have any solution for this issue.
    Thanks

Thanks

According to the situation you use standard import process. I advice you to use an extension for Magento called Import Export Products Extension for Simple Products | Configurable Products | Bundle Products | Group Products | Downloadable Products ( here is the link https://www.magentocommerce.com/mage...-products.html). It's very highly rated and rather cheap - 50$ for such a great helper.