Magento Expert Forum - Improve your Magento experience

Adding different category products for multiple store views?

Thanks

Default Adding different category products for multiple store views?

I have not written a lot on here, but I need some help.

I am working on a website which sells clothing products. The client currently operates multiple international domains under one roof using Magento including his .co.uk site, .in site, etc. He uses this to build traffic and he's trying his best to slightly customize each page on his site for each store view, so it appeals to every country's market. The problem is, when viewing a particular category such as "men's clothing", he has a few pieces that he believes appeal specifically to a UK crowd and not traffic from his other sites like India or Canada. So, when viewing sample.co.uk/mens/ he wants to only show three particular UK pieces and alternatively show different recommendations on sample.ca/mens/ or sample.in/mens/ instead.

He still needs people to order the same products, no matter what store they shop from. In other words, somebody shopping from the .ca store can still order one of the same UK recommended products for men's clothing. This is simply an edit to the list that appears on category pages. I am not trying to remove a product from store view.

If I go into admin > CATALOG > Manage Categories > * select the category * -- * go to tabs * --- select Category Products... I can see a list of all the products assigned to that category. I can then "Choose your Store View" and select UK for instance. If I edit that list Category Products list by telling it to show Product A and B only and his save, that newly saved list of A & B now appears under every store view. In other words, Magento doesn't let me save a particular list of category products by store view.

Am I doing something wrong or is this not a function of Magento?

I know you can provide custom category and product descriptions for each store view, even custom keywords and tite tags and even pricing for products (I believe) but not products per store view?

I am baffled.

View more threads in the same category:

Thanks

I found my own answer. Found a module which allows me to add products to a widget. Magento Product List Plus Widget - http://www.magentocommerce.com/magen...ttributes.html. I then added that widget to every category, changing the widget per each store view.