Magento Expert Forum - Improve your Magento experience

Email Template Question

Thanks

Exclamation Email Template Question

I am a new user of the magento cart so please bear with me. I have been poking around in the settings and setup as well as migrating data from our existing live site (different cart). So now I am in the process of figuring out the store email templates. I sent a 'forgot password' email to myself and noticed there was an issue with the email that came through. The email body came through but no styling, etc and had the error message (listed below) on the top and bottom.

So thinking the error message below was because I didn't create my own copy of any of the templates, I went and created a copy of a default template and saved it after changing the name of it. So now I click the preview button and on the screen that pops up it has the email template as it should look, however at the top of the email is:

{Error in template processing} {{inlinecss file="email-inline.css"}}

At the bottom of the email is:

{Error in template processing}

I don't think I could have caused this issue as this cart is still *almost* a bone stock installation. I would think it has something to do with setup or perhaps a file missing somewhere? Where should I look for the solution to this?? Magento 1.9.0.1 version. Please help. Thanks in advance!

View more threads in the same category:

[ Contributor ]
    Thanks

You should put html directly into the template. But I would refer you edit the template file phtml instead using it in back end.

Thanks

Thank you for the suggestion. I will give that a go. I thought Magento was supposed to input the header & footer based upon the store logo, etc. Do you suggest inline-styling in the email template or place a css file somewhere? It looks like the default template is looking for a css file that it cannot find.