Magento Expert Forum - Improve your Magento experience

Configurable attributes

Thanks

Default Configurable attributes

Hi
    I am trying to work on producing my variation product listings. I sell hair colour so I created an attribute called config_haircolourshade and the attribute label of Hair Colour / Shade. I added the variations I required and completed and listed the product successfully. So today I thought I would do another one (as you do). I named this one config_dialight (the name of the hair colour range) and assumed the attribute label needed to be the same i.e Hair Colour/Shade. I added my variations accordingly so these are showing fine in configurable products but then when I came to ‘associated products’ and selected ‘hair colour/shade’ it has the original list of products for the variation I did yesterday and I need the new list. I assume this is to do with the label in both being the same but I am not sure.
    I have alot of different hair colour ranges to list so assumed that I would name each one according to the range i.e config_dialight so I can find them easily if I need to add or remove colours that are new or have been discontinued. The listing on ebay needs to show ‘Hair Colour / Shade’ as the dropdown menu name. Can you suggest what I am doing wrong and the best way to deal with my variation requirements.
    Thanks.
    Alison

View more threads in the same category:

Thanks

I added the variations I required and completed and listed the product successfully.