Magento Expert Forum - Improve your Magento experience

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Magento hosting - SiteGround or Hostgator?

Thanks

You can check this thread for a good magento hosting option

Basically, Hostgator will not support magento for the basic package shared hosting. You have to use VPS and configure and optimize manual. Other than that, SiteGround support dedicated team for magento support and configuration, you can make sure it 's ready for all of requirements from magento and even more with magento install and update.

Thanks

My suggestion would be rackspace. It it feels expensive, the check magemojo

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shunavi View Post

Basically, Hostgator will not support magento for the basic package shared hosting. You have to use VPS and configure and optimize manual. Other than that, SiteGround support dedicated team for magento support and configuration, you can make sure it 's ready for all of requirements from magento and even more with magento install and update.
    I will give it a try, I think they have a supercacher what is very promise.

Quote Originally Posted by arunthomas203 View Post
    My suggestion would be rackspace. It it feels expensive, the check magemojo
    well, I think it 's too expensive, not sure if they do it better or just because their data center doesn't optimize enough?

Thanks

please check the below link for list of magento hosting partners
    http://partners.magento.com/partner_...osting+Partner

Thanks

I think the magento hosting partners list is only for referral, when I try to read the document from magento to become the hosting partner, they only need money, they don't care the hosting quality.

[ Contributor ]
    Thanks

I have a magento site what is working on hostgator baby plan, it is not too fast, but it work. About SiteGround I think they are much more professional with dedicated team for magento support

Thanks

Well, say no with Hostgator, their hosting downtime is too much

Thanks

you may check A2 Hosting with magento package. They also support pretty well for magento with fast speed and high performance server and good support team.

Thanks

Using Hostgator for years, we have not noticed any downtime. We have never been hacked, either. Hostgator's QuickInstall utility at this time is still only loading Magento 1.8, so we had to upload our own 1.9 installation. Hostgator support is 24/7, is always quick and and knowledgeable. We have not used Siteground, so we cannot comment on them.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 44West View Post
    Using Hostgator for years, we have not noticed any downtime. We have never been hacked, either. Hostgator's QuickInstall utility at this time is still only loading Magento 1.8, so we had to upload our own 1.9 installation. Hostgator support is 24/7, is always quick and and knowledgeable. We have not used Siteground, so we cannot comment on them.
    Which server location you are using and which hosting package you are using from hostgator? I am not sure why, I meet down time all of time in EU server with baby package from them. I have to move to SiteGround to get out of the risk.

Thanks

We are on a Houston, TX, server and have a reseller hosting package.

Thanks

I have used Siteground for nearly a year now with the Go-Geek hosting. I have found them extremely helpful in every capacity and there turnaround is extremely quick. There uptime and add-ons like supercacher, staging, git repositories at the press of a button are all features from which I would highly recommend. This is a personal opinion having used balcknight previously. No contest. I cannot comment of hostgator unfortunately as I have never used.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Hostgator can't support magento, just because their hardware is not good enough to run magento. It will show you timeout all of time.

Thanks

I don't think hostgator is good choice for magento hosting since almost people don't like them. I am not sure if they can host wordpress well but not magento. I found this article about magento hosting what 's really good for us to get the right magento package too: best magento hosting 2015 awards

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NowzoneTech View Post
    I don't think hostgator is good choice for magento hosting since almost people don't like them. I am not sure if they can host wordpress well but not magento. I found this article about magento hosting what 's really good for us to get the right magento package too: best magento hosting 2015 awards
    Not sure your awards list base on what, but it seem not many people vote for it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shunavi View Post

I agree, hostgator is not a good option for high performance hosting like you'd need for Magento. Better to go with a VPS or dedicated, or a magento specialized host who can give sufficient resources.

Thanks

Of course, SiteGround is better choice. I don't think hostgator can make magento work well. They even don't know how to support magento .

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by damianr View Post
    Hostgator would be a good choice when it comes to price but just an "okay" support. They have been around for such a long time already though.
    No, I don't think hostgator work well even though their support is good. Their host is just so bad

Thanks

Well being Magento Web Design and Development Company we have worked with different hostings and now we prefer Rapidservers as it suggest a fine quality dedicated server solution for clients and can be used for Magento shops with up to several thousands of products. Also it has perfect-quality support.
    The one more high performance hosting platform is Properhost. It also provides fast and secure Magento ecommerce hosting packages.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast