Magento Expert Forum - Improve your Magento experience

SEO for eCommerce Site - Where to Start?

Thanks

Default SEO for eCommerce Site - Where to Start?

Name:  ecom.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  67.0 KB

Here are some simple but powerful tips for starting SEO for eCommerce Sites.

First, start with a SEO-friendly e-commerce platform such as Magento, BigCommerce, Shopify,... This will make it easier to tweak your site for better SEO results.

Research the best keywords for your home page and product pages using the Google Keyword Tool. Keywords must be highly relevant to each page. In your blog articles, target long-tail keywords for best SEO results.

Manufacturers’ product descriptions are very boring. Rewrite them in your own words using simple copywriting techniques to make customers want to buy your products. Use hi-quality images from the manufacturer, edit them and put relevant keywords in the alt-image tags. This way you avoid duplication.

By allowing customer reviews on your product pages, Google will see this as good social proof and increase your rankings. More visitors will end up becoming customers as a result.

Keep your web structure simple. Put category links on your home page and product links on each category page. Make it easy for the visitors to find your products.

Track your website visitors with Google Analytics. See what’s working and fix what isn’t.

SEO for eCommerce sites takes time to perfect. Keep testing and tweaking everything to get better SEO results over time. Better yet, if you’re really serious, hire an expert.

What about your opinion? Please let me know if you have better idea!
    Thanks for reading and hope it helps .

Source: http://cmsmart.net/blog/seo-for-ecom...-to-start.html

View more threads in the same category:

Thanks

Its a good tips for eCommerce Site but i have one question is that eCommerce site has 1000 page than how we create Meta Title and Meta
    description for all the pages. please give me solution.

Thanks

For Ecommerce website Paid SEO will be better choice. If you made paid advertisement for a fresh Ecommerce website then it will become easy for a website to highlight & then you can go for Organic SEO.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sankhalainfo View Post
    Its a good tips for eCommerce Site but i have one question is that eCommerce site has 1000 page than how we create Meta Title and Meta
    description for all the pages. please give me solution.
    That is definitely a tough situation when you have too many products to write custom page titles and meta descriptions. I typically recommend writing custom titles and descriptions for the top 50 to 100 products and then utilizing the item name as the page title and the short description as the meta description. Its not ideal but if you don't have the time to write all of them by hand then it's a decent compromise.

Thanks

magento is the best platform for ecommerce. you should create high quality link for website for better ranking.

Contributor
    Thanks

In the URL. ...
    In the title tag (H1). ...
    In body copy. ...
    In image alt text. ...
    In the metadata.
    Kids Scooter for Sale UK|Hoverboard Cheap UK|Hoverboard Price UK |segway accessories|Swegways uk|Segway for sale|Hoverboards Black Friday Sale|Buy Push Scooters