Magento Expert Forum - Improve your Magento experience
Advantages and Disadvantages of Magento
Magento is undoubtedly the most popular open source ecommerce platform on the market. But there are good points and bad points about Magento, as there is in just about everything. In this article I will explore the advantages and disadvantages of Magento.
Magento first came on the market in 2008. Over time it became so popular that Ebay bought it out in 2011. It is now the easiest ecommerce platform on the market. Many major companies use Magento, like Sony, Nokia, Adidas and hundreds more. But don’t think that since these big companies use it that it can’t be easy to use. It is suitable for both large and small businesses.
Advantages of Magento
- Magento easily lets you control how you want to set up your store and run it on a daily basis. Since you’re in business to make money, you won’t always have time to take care of all the details of actually running your ecommerce store. Magento can handle it for you.
- It is also very easy to update. Whenever there are any software updates for improvements, bug fixes or even security upgrades, Magento updates easily with hardly any input from you.
- Magento also helps you with search engine optimization (SEO), or the process of getting seen by Google and the ability to be found by potential customers when they search for your store on the Internet. It helps you rank towards the top of the search engines resulting in more and more customers finding your store without you even trying.
- Want to set up more than one store? Magento has the power to manage multiple ecommerce stores with ease. After all you have better things to do with your time – like make money!
- It gives you custom filters for your products, detailed options of each product like size, color, etc., custom sizes of your images so your site will be dynamically visible on desktops, laptops or mobile devices, custom discounts, multiple language support, gift certificates, customer account management, order tracking – whew! Whatever you need to do Magento can handle. You can send out newsletters, control reviews, set up personal wishlists and so much more.
Disadvantages of Magento
As perfect as Magento is, there are a couple of things you need to be aware of, but these are easily solvable.
First, it won’t work with cheap website shared servers. You will need a dedicated server to handle the customer load. Fortunately there are many great server companies to choose from.
Then, there are few experts in the field that can maximize Magento’s features. Fortunately, we have an answer to do that, too.
CMSmart has a team of excellent designers and Magento developers. They are coming up with new Magento themes on a daily basis. You can always give your ecommerce store a fresh look at any time without interfering with your customer’s experience. And the most important thing is keeping your customers coming back again and again.
So go to CMSmart Marketplace now at http://cmsmart.net/ and look over the many Magento themes with excellent extensions and designs that are available today!
You can also sell and buy your best Magento Products on our Marketplace with best price and very friendly support, for sure.
View more threads in the same category:
Last edited by cmsmart; 05-12-2014 at 02:42 AM.
Magento Extensions helps to design the online store in an attractive manner and also helps to increase the revenue by providing promotions etc