Magento Expert Forum - Improve your Magento experience

Problems using dropdown attribute in quick search and advanced search

Thanks

Default Problems using dropdown attribute in quick search and advanced search

I have a magento installation that is using solr to make textual searches. It is working well, the searches are very fast. Now I'm trying to make more attributes present in the store searchables, the attributes that are of type text, text area can be configured to be searchable without any problem, they are indexed properly, however attributes that are of type dropdown are not indexed to be used in textual searches. Instead of index the textual value in indexes only appears the attribute id.

Name is an attribute of type text. Here in an example of text attribute in indexes.
    Code:
    <str name="attr_name_en">
    Samsung galaxy pocket
    </str>
    Color attribute is defined in magento as dropdown attribute and is indexed in this way.
    Code:
    <arr name="attr_nav_select_color">
    <str>171</str>
    </arr>
    In both cases the attribute has Use in Quick Search and Use in Advanced Search set to true. I dont know if that is normal magento behaviour a magento limitation or magento issue.

Kind regards

View more threads in the same category:

Thanks

You can control the default search value in back end for the specific attribute.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
    You can control the default search value in back end for the specific attribute.
    I dont understand what you mean. Could you please explain a bit more?

Thanks in advance