Magento Expert Forum - Improve your Magento experience

When Should We Plan The Upgrade To Magento 2?

Thanks

Default When Should We Plan The Upgrade To Magento 2?

Thanks

It's a bit more complicated than that.
    You should probably try and plan to upgrade to Magento 2 in 2016 or 2017 (at the very least). One of the reasons, as I mentioned, is the fact that there will be no new features for Magento 1 after November 15th, but also, the fact that there will tons of them for Magento 2.

Thanks

Our clients know about M2, but in general we have agreed a minimal of 12 month delay before we upgrade. I want to break it a few times before I let my clients break it, at least then I can explain why it broke!
    I don't want another "Vista" scenario where every one jumps on the train but has no idear how to use it

So far I am relatively happy, but I think the biggest issue for most of my clients is the number of M1 plugins they have that would not work on M2, or no longer having access to download them.

Thanks

This depends highly on your current site and it's current condition-bottom line is, if your site is performing well and you are using a version that's not really outdated, There is no rush but you can start exploring Magento 2. If you need to do something serious to significantly improve your store's performance, you should definitely plan the new investments to be done on Magento 2.

Thanks

If you’re on an older version of the software or even on a newer version but having serious performance issues, and on top of that you have a number of 3rd party extensions installed, now would be a great time to plan for a revamp.

Thanks

Hello,

This is depends on your website & requirements of your website. Various things have been rethought to provide the best in class stability, high performance, efficiency and ease of use. The list of unparalleled features makes Magento 2 the best platform to develop your online store.

Good luck!

Thanks

Right now would be a good time to upgrade. We at FME did an infographic about is which you should check out. Link: Magento 1 Vs Magento 2: Why Update If M1 Is Working Fine [Infographic]

Thanks

Magento 1 will keep on being authoritatively upheld with security issues fixed until November 2018, albeit no new highlights will be included. This implies in the event that you are rolling out significant improvements to your Magento store, you ought to truly consider moving up to Magento 2 as a feature of those changes.