Magento Expert Forum - Improve your Magento experience
What is Magento?
What is Magento? Is it use to make website ?
View more threads in the same category:
what is magento?
What is Magento? Magento is a feature-rich, open-source ecommerce solution that offers retailers complete flexibility and control over the look, content and functionality of their websites. Magento’s intuitive administration interface contains the marketing, merchandising and content management tools retailers need, without putting constraints on business processes and flow.
When Magento was released in 2007, it transformed the ecommerce platform market. In a period of 18 months, Magento surpassed one million downloads and is now used by a staggering 26% of the Alexa top one-million websites. Purchased by eBay in early 2011, it continues to be the fastest growing ecommerce platform in the world.
Magento is written in PHP and utilises the Zend Framework (which is MVC based) and uses an EAV-based MySQL database. The system is highly modular and Magento’s architecture handles module database schema updates automatically.
Magento comes in three versions for different business sizes and models: Magento Go (SaaS), Magento Community (Free, Open-source) and Magento Enterprise (for large retailers).
At Ampersand Commerce, we choose to work exclusively with Magento Enterprise because we are committed to building robust software for multichannel, cross-platform commerce. Magento Enterprise is the complete commerce solution for businesses that are ready to take full advantage of multichannel retailing. Magento Enterprise combines an unrivaled feature set at a fraction of the price charged by competitive platforms and provides the scalability, security and flexibility that retailers need.
Why We Use Magento
- Complete control over integrations, allowing us to build bespoke solutions for our customers
- Open source
- Internationalisation made simple
- Low risk to innovate, try new things, stay ahead of the trends
- High ROI for our customers
SKINS customer story about internationalisation >
Magento Enterprise Features:
- Turn browsers into buyers with marketing and merchandising tools, up-sell and cross-sell, and special pricing programmes and promotions.
- Personalise the customer experience with superior search capabilities, special storefronts for specific customer groups, and preference and behavior-based content delivery.
- Build Magento to fit your business with easy integration with 3rd party applications, flexible product/catalog management, and comprehensive admin capabilities including multi-site management.
- Flexibility to create rich, differentiated consumer experiences from the desktop to mobile, and to tailor back-end workflows to your business
Are you a retailer considering Magento Enterprise and looking for a solution partner? Say hello, or checkout some of our customer success stories. Also, check out our About You page to make sure we are a good fit.
Are you a developer curious about Magento Enterprise development? Check out our own Joseph McDermott’s ‘Developer’s Guide to Magento’ on Smashing Magazine.
Magento Enterprise Features in-depth:
Magento hold first position in the eCommerce business industry. It able to provide a flexible eCommerce store website to the users.
I think, the information which was given by golddev is enough for the question posted by rosy. Thanks for the useful post golddev.
Magento is the ecommerce development framework developed by Varien Inc. Definitely it is used to build Ecommerce Websites.
More than 200,000 eCommerce websites are built based on Magento platform. This proved that Magento is the best platform for all eCommerce business.
Thanks for you useful post @golddev. Informative post, enough for the question posted by @roysumit32
Hi, Magento is an ecommerce platform built on open source technology which provides online merchants with a flexible shopping cart system, as well as control over the look, content and functionality of their online store. Magento offers powerful marketing, search engine optimization, and catalog-management tools.