Magento Expert Forum - Improve your Magento experience

Unable to upload images in admin product page

Thanks

Default Unable to upload images in admin product page

Hi

I am unable to upload product images on Magento 1.9.0.0 ,using all browsers, the image shows it is uploading , but will not show when upload finishes.

I checked and found out that the image is uploaded to the media/tmp folder OK, but is not copied to the media/catalog/product folder , all folders are 777 permission.

I have followed some leads in forums but all the recommendations mentioned, implemented and tested but still not able to figure why not showing in admin.

Thank you for your help

View more threads in the same category:

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tsafi For This Useful Post:

uscoding (20-08-2014)

Thanks

Can you try to upload smaller image and maybe you can try to turn off php security extension.

Thanks

Lenka

The image is pretty small and I renamed the .htaccess file for the folder to test. But this have not worked either. I just noticed that my exception log file is missing , But logging is enabled?!! I am going thru the website and admin to see if there is any other thing that is acting differently.

thank you

Checked - all seems fine , except the uploading of images.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsafi View Post
    Lenka

The image is pretty small and I renamed the .htaccess file for the folder to test. But this have not worked either. I just noticed that my exception log file is missing , But logging is enabled?!! I am going thru the website and admin to see if there is any other thing that is acting differently.

thank you

Checked - all seems fine , except the uploading of images.
    Please send me your admin login via private message, I will check it for you for free.

Thanks

Looks like you have problems with permissions. Not only folder "media/catalog/product" should be writable but also all sub-folders.

I just noticed that my exception log file is missing , But logging is enabled?!! - looks like folder "var/log" also is not writable.

------------------------------------------
    ToBai Magento Extensions. - only best coding practice developing our applications. Our extensions:

ToBai Extended Navigation, ToBai Extended Brand.

Thanks

HI

I have the same problem. I select the image in the backend but it does not get uploaded. Did you find the fix for this?
    Thanks

Thanks

Jusr after posting a question here, on another forum i found i fix. Just delete .htaccess file from media folder. And your images will get uploaded fine. Dont know how much influence deleting the htaccess file has but this works