Magento Expert Forum - Improve your Magento experience

Unable to save Custome Account Information

Thanks

I meet the same problem like you when I install magento 1.7 on wamp windows. I install again in Ubuntu or hosting and the problem is gone. I guess the problem come from environment

Thanks

My website is installed on Linux so the problem is elsewhere, either with Magento or the theme. Any way, I will try upgrading Magento to 1.9 to see if that helps. I do not have high hopes. Not to be disparaging but so far, Magento is the most frustrating framework I have worked with.

Thanks

You download source zip and install from magento website or you install from command line in Linux? For the stable version you should download newest version 1.9 extract and install, don't checkout from git.

Thanks

Well I tried the upgrade using the Admin interface. Fortunately, I created a testbed subdomain first and tried the upgrade on it. After the upgrade completed, I was greeted by a "500 Internal Service Error" on both the Admin and website interfaces. Magento is by far the worst and most frustrating framework I've worked on.

Thanks

It was a purchased theme from a third party website that came with the Magtento Framework so it was just uploaded via FTP and I assume there was an initial install/setp (I was not involved in the initial installation).