Magento Expert Forum - Improve your Magento experience
Speed up Magento in Easy steps?
Magento speed is the key to make customers/users happy but it take us a lot of time to optimize too. so let ‘s take it easy by following these steps to Speed up Magento. We are pretty sure you will be happy with the result.
- Copy HTTP Request by Expires Headers
- Reduce the file size of images to be uploaded
- Turn off unnecessary modules
- Utilize Magento Compilation
- Enable Fat Catalog in Admin panel
- Enable Merge CSS and JS
- Clean Database Log
CLick How to optimize Magento site to read more : http://www.magesolution.com/blog/optimize-magento-site/
View more threads in the same category:
Hi guys, I have a tutorial about this with much for detail Speed up Magento in Easy steps, welcome to check and comment
After a lot of magento projects, the magento speed is the key to make customers/users happy but it take us a lot of time to optimize too.
Get the more details here: http://bit.ly/1mfbwEs
Very helpful... thanks a lot
Originally Posted by speed2x
Thank you for sharing,It's really helpful information.
1. Speed up Magento by Clean database log
It ‘s easy to understand that your magento can’t work well with a huge database. Many store keep too much the data they ‘ve never used. So let ‘s clean it in easy way by Optimize magento database by Cleaning log . It shouldn’t take you more 30 minutes to do but get a very good effect.
2. Caching configuration for Magento
Magento is designed so it focus to caching very much to have the best performance, but the default caching engine of magento is File System. They use it just because all of servers support it. But File System cache is the slowest caching engine. We need to configure magento to get it faster by other caching engine. My experience about speed up magento by caching engine is this flow from slow to fast.
File System => APC => Memcached => Redis cache => Varnish cache
The question is: why we don’t use Varnish cache in the most performance speed for all of magento sites? Because it take an advantage development and maintain so that only use it in the case you really need a very high speed. Maybe you don’t know that you can speed up magento roughly 200 times in practice with Varnish.
3. Magento server configuration optimization
This is a long instructions to speed up magento by server optimization. Basically, you need a very good magento hosting to get it make sense to do all of configuration or it just make your magento site crash and doesn’t work. Instead of play around too hard with server configuration and installation, I will show you how to choose a very good hosting with good price and support.
It is not easy to choose a good magento hosting provider to get your magento work well. The most case you only need shared web hosting what support everything for Magento. And your hosting provider must have magento expert to help you solve problem come from Magento. Our recommend is SiteGround Magento Hosting package. They have everything you need include Memcached what can help you speed up a lot.
And finally, the last thing after you buy a good host is follow this article instruction How to Optimize Magento Performance?
4. MySQL configuration optimization
A little bit advance but let me bring to here too. If you’re a mysql hero, you don’t need me to tell you how but we want to try and get the following settings in your my.cnf
query_cache_type = 1
query_cache_size = 32M
If you don’t have root access to check /etc/my.cnf (or /etc/mysql/my.cnf) variables, then login to mysql or use phpmyadmin to show variables.
$ mysql -u mysqluser -p magento_database_name
$ mysql> SHOW VARIABLES;
And finally do a little setting for php.ini
php_value memory_limit 128M
5. Advantage performance optimization
– This is come in a too complex works what I can’t write everything here. Basically, the magento system is complex and one of the way to speed up magento is make strategy for caching in process workflow. This can be done by Full page caching extension.
– Another caching way what can help you a lot in caching with combine server and magento process is Varnish caching with Varnish magento extension. You can find out here. But it is not easy to install and configure at all.
If you need help for this you can contact us to have a quote for your site.
There are a lot of extensions in the market to speed up a Magento website. Some of them are:
1. Magento Full Page Cache Extension (http://www.extendware.com/magento-full-page-cache.html)
2. Search - Sphinx Search Ultimate:- This will increase the search speed on your website.
3. Image Optimization (http://www.extendware.com/magento-im...zation.html):- Optimization plays a very important role in the speed of a website as lighter the image faster the website will be.
Apart from caching you should try following things like
1. Use CDN network for faster content delivery
2. Enable Flat Catalog:- This will increase response time to mysql queries
Read our detailed article here to boost your magento website performance.
Knowband Plugins | Buy Best Magento Extensions
I suggest you all check out FME Extensions' new Magento Speed Optimization service. We are offering a full refund if we can't get your website to load in less then 2 seconds. Here is the link with the details: https://www.fmeextensions.com/magent...imization.html
Thank you for sharing.
In this fast paced world, no one likes waiting. So, make sure your website gets loaded quickly. If your website is slow, customers will not wait. Instead, they will quickly to another website that gets loaded faster. So, don’t overload it and let it work faster. [Read more]
Another way we can also take into consideration is using Full Page Cache to enhance site speed by making it perform better
- Make sites perform faster by new new multi-level cache
- Support MULTIPLE currencies/stores/languages
- Access cache custom pages easily
- Support mobile themes
- Apply on any servers
speed up magento in easy step?
Thank you for sharing,It's really helpful information.There are a lot of extensions
in the market to speed up a Magento website
Magento performance to ensure you don’t lose any sales due to high abandonment rate or an unsatisfying user experience.
When it comes to choosing an eCommerce CMS or platform you have a lot of options. You could go with WooCommerce which is an extension of WordPress, Shopify, Volusion, and a number of other ones. The reason a lot of businesses choose Magento is because it is a very robust platform with a high level of functionality and customizability. It is highly scalable, meaning there would be no need to change to a different platform later on as you scale up.
Tags for this Thread