Magento Expert Forum - Improve your Magento experience

Problem with sending emails - SMTP not working

Thanks

Lightbulb Problem with sending emails - SMTP not working

Hi there,

I got Magento 1.9 running on VPS (new installation). SMTP not working.

If I using default smtp agent in Magento, it get me error: ..../Abstract.php:277

If I am using SMTPPro extension, it gave me this error:

2014-06-19T06:05:25+00:00 ERR (3):
    exception 'Exception' with message 'This letter cannot be sent.' in /var/www/html/shop/app/code/local/Aschroder/SMTPPro/Model/Email/Template.php:40
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/html/shop/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Email/Template.php(506): Aschroder_SMTPPro_Model_Email_Template->send(Array, Array, Array)
    #1 /var/www/html/shop/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Email/Template/Mailer.php(79): Mage_Core_Model_Email_Template->sendTransactional('customer_create...', 'general', Array, Array, Array, '1')
    #2 /var/www/html/shop/app/code/core/Mage/Customer/Model/Customer.php(676): Mage_Core_Model_Email_Template_Mailer->send()
    #3 /var/www/html/shop/app/code/core/Mage/Customer/Model/Customer.php(603): Mage_Customer_Model_Customer->_sendEmailTemplate('customer/create...', 'customer/create...', Array, '1')
    #4 /var/www/html/shop/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/CustomerController.php(330): Mage_Customer_Model_Customer->sendNewAccountEmail('confirmed', '', NULL)
    #5 /var/www/html/shop/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(418): Mage_Adminhtml_CustomerController->saveAction()
    #6 /var/www/html/shop/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(250): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('save')
    #7 /var/www/html/shop/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(172): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http) )
    #8 /var/www/html/shop/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(354): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
    #9 /var/www/html/shop/app/Mage.php(684): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
    #10 /var/www/html/shop/index.php(87): Mage::run('', 'store')
    #11 {main}

Somebody could help me with this problem?

Thank you.
    Best Regars,
    Steve

View more threads in the same category:

Thanks

I believe the problem come from email template. Let 's try to use the default email template of magento to see if the problem still happen. And please make sure you clear cache before checking

Thanks

Hello Rocker,

thank you for some ideas, but I do all I can.
    * In app/locale i deleted all templates except en_US.
    * disable caching + delete cache directory
    * I tried to use email templates from older magento 1.7.

Problem still exist.

Default SMTP setting getting this error exactly:
    exception 'Zend_Mail_Protocol_Exception' with message 'Permission denied' in /var/www/html/shop/lib/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Abstract.php:277

Like Permission denied, but I got on this directory permissions "755" - tried "777" ...any change again.

frustrated :-)

Thanks

Hi stevecz, did you check your SMTP credentials work well from your server first? I think 'Permission denied' mean the connection to SMTP server have problem. Let 's try use PHPMailer stand-alone to send email with your SMTP credentials to make sure it work first.

Thanks

Hello all readers,

i found the problem with this error code.

Problem was in user and group set on my VPS server.

Magento directory has got user and group "apache" but when i copied some files to my VPS server, username root takes a priviledge over these directories and subdirectories.

So resolution is: change owner from root to apache for whole magento directory.

Steve