Magento Expert Forum - Improve your Magento experience

Magento permissions using and understanding

Thanks

Thumbs up Magento permissions using and understanding

Magento’s Permissions module is both flexible and intuitive. You can create predefined Roles, which have specific access to various parts of the admin. Then, you can create users and select which Role each user will possess. You can associate Users to Roles in both the Users page and the Roles page

Creating Roles

To create a Role, navigate to System > Permissions > Roles and click Add New Role.

Role Info

Enter the Role Name.

Role Resources

Choose the Resources, or admin features, to which Users associated to this Role will have access. If you select all from the Resource Access drop-down, this Role will have access to all resources. If you select Custom, a resource tree will populate, and you will have to select the checkbox for each resource to which this Role will have access.

Click Save Role.

Role Users

Once a Role has been saved, this tab will appear. It will display all Users that are associated to this Role. To see a list of all Users, click Reset Filter. Click the checkbox of all Users you want to associate to this Role, and click Save Role again.

Assigning Users

To create a User, navigate to System > Permissions > Users and click Add New User.

User Info

Enter all the information for this User. The User Name and Password will be used by this User to log into the Magento admin panel. For a User to be able to access the admin panel, the User must be Active. You can prevent a User from accessing the admin panel without deleting their User account by changing this to Inactive.

User Role

Select the Role to which this User will be associated. This page will produce a list of all existing Roles, and you will only be allowed to choose one.

Click Save User.

View more threads in the same category:

2. The Following User Says Thank You to speed2x For This Useful Post:

ShruthiSeth (22-07-2016)

South San Francisco, California, United States
    Thanks

Hello, I would like to give a specific SEO role where in my outsourced partner can edit the keywords/URLs, and some content to optimize on-page off-page SEO. Is there a way that I can custom the roles to allow this to be done? Thank you in advance.

Thanks

Hello,

You can also have a look at this Advanced Permissions extension. Its main features include:

- Limit access by store-view and website
    - Separate products management
    - Separate categories management
    - Duplicate roles quickly
    - Automatic compatibility with other extensions

Name:  Screenshot_1.png
Views: 251
Size:  96.1 KB

Thanks

Lucky Kev..haha

Thanks

I agree with most of what you have posted but I have to disagree with that last part.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cms_ideas For This Useful Post:

alexsong (07-01-2015)

Thanks

Default Magento permissions using and understanding

I heard that website can be developed do follow or no follow .
    My wish to develop do follow website but first I want to know difference between do follow and no follow website.
    Can anyone please explain the difference ???

Thanks

I always love to know about new things just like Magento permissions using and understanding , A worthy and helpful post. thanks for sharing.

Thanks

A Magento server located on a hosting provider. A hosted system typically does not enable you to elevate to root. The web server typically runs as an ordinary user. Magento assumes you log in as this user to start and stop the web server and that you already own all the files and directories in the Magento installation directory. You can use chmod to change permissions on files and directories.
    Dedicated system
    A Magento server you control and operate. Unlike a hosted system, you can elevate to root and, as root, you can use the chown and chmod commands to set ownership and privileges in the Magento installation directory.