Magento Expert Forum - Improve your Magento experience

How to shift beta to to live

Thanks

Default How to shift beta to to live

My Website is online and i have a back end panel to upload product and make changes etc from Catalog > Manage Product

Now the Issue is that I have made many changes to my beta site like adding new plugin and customizing it + Some Changes to Attributes of Products and I want to shift my beta site changes to live site as a whole.

In the mean Time I was adding products to my live site which is obviously I didn't upload in my beta.

Now if I make my beta site my live site then I have to add around 900 products, description, Title, Meta, Quantity and a lot more.

I dont have any idea about how magento stores or treats this data.

Is it possible to achieve to shift product and their images. My developer suggests it is not possible and I have to add all the Items Manually again.

Please Help Me With a solution.

Thanks in Advance

View more threads in the same category:

Thanks

Hi,

we have done same for

http://www.ecscoffee.com
    http://www.tadreebi.com

So if you can add me on skype: iweballey.dharmesh

I can explain you better

I am waiting

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iweballey View Post
    Hi,

we have done same for

http://www.ecscoffee.com
    http://www.tadreebi.com

So if you can add me on skype: iweballey.dharmesh

I can explain you better

I am waiting

Very Good Tell Me How -- I suppose this is a forum for knowledge exchange not freelancing.

Thanks

I think here is the best and safe solution:

1. Clone the live site => the clone version include the same database and files : we do this step to make sure the live site have no down time

2. Override the files of beta site to the clone version : this step can make many extensions do not work so that let 's clean cache and re-index

3. Activate all of extensions and clone configuration from beta site to the new clone version: I don't think this will take a lot of time, at least change some CMS pages and admin templates will take less time to upload 900 products a lot .

4. Finally, deploy the clone version to live version if everything is working well.

Hope it help you to solve the problem.

Thanks

Default Solution by David -thanking post - seeking for more help

Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    I think here is the best and safe solution:

1. Clone the live site => the clone version include the same database and files : we do this step to make sure the live site have no down time

2. Override the files of beta site to the clone version : this step can make many extensions do not work so that let 's clean cache and re-index

3. Activate all of extensions and clone configuration from beta site to the new clone version: I don't think this will take a lot of time, at least change some CMS pages and admin templates will take less time to upload 900 products a lot .

4. Finally, deploy the clone version to live version if everything is working well.

Hope it help you to solve the problem.

Thanks Thanks a lot David I knew Only you can solve my problem Thank you very much.

But as of now you would have come to know that I am an entrepreneur I have little Idea about magento.

So it would be of great help if you elaborate the points

like clone means should I hard copy or should I take backup ... in this way step wise

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sidd111 View Post
    Thanks Thanks a lot David I knew Only you can solve my problem Thank you very much.

But as of now you would have come to know that I am an entrepreneur I have little Idea about magento.

So it would be of great help if you elaborate the points

like clone means should I hard copy or should I take backup ... in this way step wise
    You are welcome

"Clone" mean you download the live version to local computer and make it work like the live version. This way you can make sure all of your works/changes in local computer work well before you deploy to live server.

And if it still not enough for you, please feel free to tell me. I am always here and happy to help you