Magento Expert Forum - Improve your Magento experience

Site Speed

Thanks

First of all, I believe your server configuration is not good for magento. The problem come from server side. Some questions:

- Do you have any server caching solution? (memcached, redis cache, xcache...)
    - Do you have static or full page cache solution? Varnish or maybe http://www.magentocommerce.com/magen...ache-1742.html
    - What 's your server hardware? CPU, RAM, HDD or SSD?

If you don't have any expert guys in magento server management, I recommend you visit these threads to host on third party who have magento expert to manage server for you:

http://magentoexpertforum.com/showth...o-hosting-2013

http://magentoexpertforum.com/showth...agento-Caching

http://magentoexpertforum.com/showth...o-RAM-by-tmpfs

Thanks

Do first thing that you change your Magento hosting because most of time Magento site speed is depend on the hosting server.

For more information, visit http://magentoexpertforum.com/showth...o-hosting-2013 for getting the beat Magento hosting service.

M-Connect Media a Magento Theme Development Company

Thanks

i have seen my website sitespeed through a third-party software, it came out 6.67sec, is it good or bad? the total page page size is 2MB

Thanks

It 's too bad, giovanni.golch. You should have the site load ~2 sec or your users will not patient enough

Thanks

How i can improve my sitespeed, i have seen some points and made sure i have done the checklist but still its showing me this digits. Can you please let me know about it further?

Junior Member Sindre@ProperHost's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by giovanni.golch View Post
    How i can improve my sitespeed, i have seen some points and made sure i have done the checklist but still its showing me this digits. Can you please let me know about it further?
    What kind of server/hosting are you running on? If you are not able to install software on the server, such as Memcached, PHP opcode cache, etc. I suggest that you change hosting to one that specialize in Magento hosting. You can find real-time benchmarking results of some well-known Magento hosting providers at http://www.magespeedtest.com/. It is non-biased, independent results from Siege benchmark tool.

Thanks

Have you tried optimizing your images and using a CDN? There are plugins that will do this for you automatically.

Thanks

You can test your site at http://gtmetrix.com/magento-optimization-guide.html
    It will return to you a guide to resolve the problem step by step

Thanks

It sounds like you're already doing a lot of the big things right. Some of our customers in your situation have seen dramatic improvements by switching to SSD drives. The underlying problem is some sql queries and scripts use massive amounts of disk i/o. Ideally you'd want to find the underlying cause of this and stop it. But, you can also just use SSDs instead, as they are dramatically faster for disk i/o than regular had drives. This way the site can perform normally even with these very slow queries and massive disk accesses.

Thanks

To speed up Magento site, I think the easiest way is using Magento extensions to reduce loading time. Customers do not take their time to wait for loading site and they will give it up to change to other one. Therefore, an extension is necessary to improve site performance to make it user-friendly:
    - Defer JavaScript: after installing this extension, all JavaScript loading will be deferred till the last moment and leads to increase loading site speed
    - Lazy Image Loader: delays loading of images on your Magento site only when customers scroll down the page and of course it will make Magento sites perform faster

Thanks

Smile Site Speed

Here are some of the recommended activities which you can perform on your Magento website in order to improve it's site speed:

• Decrease Image Size
    • Enable Cache
    • Minify CSS, JavaScript, and HTML
    • Keep CMS Updated
    • Reduce Web Server Logging

If you're unable to make these changes on website than I would suggest you should consult professionals or hire expert Magento developer to fix this issue.

Thanks

NEW UPDATE: Magento Defer JavaScript support deferring Iframes loading effectively so that you don't need to worry aboout the slow site speed when your site has some embeded code of other websites.

See how quick your site becomes after using Defer JavaScript now!

Thanks

First of all, You have to change your server. Use the best server HOSTGATOR or USe Cloud server AMAZON.
    Second You need to clear or flush Magento cache.
    Delete JS, CSS which you find unnecessary
    Minimum coding
    Use default functionality more
    Use proper extension for your website.

Check it out here Best Magento extension: Ecomextension

The main thing is, Even you can find free extension also.

Thanks

There is a very useful way to optimize Magento site speed is deferring JavaScript loading till the last moment after all HTML and CSS. It means that JavaScript files are put to the end of page, therefore the web browser will load HTM and CSS before loading these JavaScript files. This leads to loading time be reduced and magento site perform faster than before.
    To make this JavaScript parsing easier, we had better not do it manually, let's use an extension instead because of convenience and simplicity.

Check it out Magento 2 Defer JavaScript Extension to speed up your website!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to James For This Useful Post:

IndianSeoCompany (01-09-2017)

Thanks

An optimized Magento will always outperform any kind of site, I think you should follow these to make your Magento store fast

1. Install the latest version
    Always run on the latest version of Magento. Why? They will fix the bugs and improve the performance.

2. Cache management
    Many forms of caching can be implemented. You can combine Nginx + APC + Varnish Caching + Memcache to get the best result. Although, there is built-in caching module also but 3rd party solutions seem to achieve better results.

3. Page Caching
    With page caching, the load is taken off from the web servers. They serve pages already visited before from cache and hence, making Magento site speed way faster.

4. Enable Flat Catalog
    Magento is based on EAV model (entity attribute value) to store product and customer data.
    What happens when you enable flat catalog?
    -->Merges data into one.
    -->Improves performance by responding to MySQL queries faster.
    -->Beneficial for those eCommerce stores having 1000+ products.

5. Merge/Minify CSS and Javascript Files
    Merging your CSS and Javascript files into one file will help you reduce the total number of HTTP requests and thereby helping you to speed up Magento site.

6.Clean Magento Logs & Database
    Since Magento keeps logs up to 180 days, your database can become heavy. It is advisable to change the setting to the lowest value, i.e, 14 days and clicks on “Save Config”.

7. Image Optimization
    Since images account for 50% to 60% of your web pages’ total weight, it becomes crucial to optimize images.

8. Try to Have fewer Extensions & Modules
    More the extensions, the more HTTP requests, CSS and Javascript files there will be. This will result in increased load time. Keep your Magento with as few extensions as possible. Remove all the unnecessary extensions you dont need.

9. Install a CDN (Content Delivery Network)
    With CDN, you can decrease the load time drastically.

10. Choose Magento Specialized Web Hosting Providers
    Most of the Magento owners make the biggest mistake here. Choose the hosting provider who have better knowledge of Magento, ask them how many magento stores are already running with them, check their load time.

11. MySQL Configuration (Query Caching)
    Every time a Magento page is loaded, there are a series of database queries made and the database server must go to work. The long query process takes times and there is slower disk access which results in lower performance.

I hope this helps you can also read more about this on our post here on how to speed up magento