Magento Expert Forum - Improve your Magento experience

Magento 1.7 cannot edit some products

Thanks

Default Magento 1.7 cannot edit some products

I am on Magento ver. 1.7.0.0 and I can't edit some of the products from the admin backend.
    When I tried to change the product description directly using mysql it worked,
    so then I tried removing parts of the description and then found that everything till the text
    'printer driver lets users transfer data' works but when I added the word 'from' to it ,it didn't work making the paragraph end in 'printer driver lets users transfer data from' did nothing ,neither showed a error nor a successful message it just refreshed the page. It can't be about the length because if I replace the text from to krom it works.
    So I tried editing the description to just 'printer driver lets users transfer data from' it worked

From the system.log:

Code:
     ERR (3): Warning: array_key_exists() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in //app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/Catalog/ProductController.php on line 507
            ERR (3): Recoverable >>ERRor: Argument 1 passed to Varien_Object::addData() must be an array, null given, called in //app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/Catalog/ProductController.php on line 514 and defined in //lib/Varien/Object.php on line 243
            ERR (3): Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in //lib/Varien/Object.php on line 245
    The Chrome console tells me :

Code:
     index.php/admin/catalog_product/validate/id/1/back/edi…roduct_info_tabs_group_7/key/978d8fe4570a41312a7520945e982662/?isAjax=true 500 (Internal Server Error) prototype.js:1530
            Ajax.Request.Class.create.request prototype.js:1530
            Ajax.Request.addMethods.initialize loader.js:61
            (anonymous function) prototype.js:429
            klass prototype.js:101
            varienForm._validate form.js:80
            varienForm.submit form.js:65
            saveAndContinueEdit /index.php/admin/catalog_product/edit/id/1/back/edit/tab/product_info_tabs_group_7/key/a325cea2187bfa32cec5c6d0c14e0baa/:2240
            onclick
    A little PHP debugging tells me that for the product with description error $product->getAttributes(); was empty but for the working products it was an array.

Code:
     $attributes = $product->getAttributes();
            around line 504 of app\code\core\Mage\Adminhtml\controllers\Catalog\ProductController.php
    If I change the following part from the form.js there is no Chrome console error but it still doesn't work:

Code:
              this.submitUrl = url;
                if(this.validator && this.validator.validate()){
                    if(this.validationUrl){
                        this._validate();
                    }
                    else{
                        this._submit(); // I removed everything but this 
                    }
                    return true;
                }
    If it helps there are 5881 characters before the word 'from' in the description. I have tried editing in all major browser so there are no compatibility issues.

I believe the problem is somewhere in the javascript but can't find where. Even if I can just remove the validation script from the admin forms I will but I don't think I should and I don't know how.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

View more threads in the same category:

Thanks

Please do following steps and then let me know if it still happen problem:

In Admin

- Clear cache
    - Re-index
    - Make sure you disabled compilation

In File System

- Delete all file and folder in magento-root-dir/var/

Then please do your action again if it still keep happen the problem.

Thanks

Clear cache (Done)
    - Re-index (Done)
    - Make sure you disabled compilation (Done)
    - Delete all file and folder in magento-root-dir/var/ (Done)

Still doesn't work.

Thanks

It 's strange bug. Maybe there are some special processing in some of extension you are using. If you can, can you list all of new extensions you install for your magento site? Then I will try to figure out why the problem come from word 'from'

Thanks

We have an application that offers an easier way to edit products and addresses some of these issues. You can get more info on it at www.ClaraStream.com and feel free to email me at [email protected] if you have any questions.