Magento Expert Forum - Improve your Magento experience

Looking for some help with URL's SEO for Magento

Thanks

Default Looking for some help with URL's SEO for Magento

Hi All,

I'm really looking for some good solid advice from an Magento and SEO expert.

I've read many things, been told many things, and need some clarity. My website link is wallart2u dot com. Basically I have set up the Canonicals to both 'Yes' in the config - catalog- search engine optimization in the admin section. For the product pages though, the URL's are very short. (Missing the category path) which I wanted, but been told a) it's better not to have it and b) it's too complicated?

Then there's my sitemap, I've read the URL's should in the sitemap should not be the same as the product URL's. But they are!

Desperately seeking some answers/clarification on this issue. I'm not a techie person, so I need to know it's done correctly, and give me best viability in the search engines.

Many thanks

View more threads in the same category:

Thanks

I see your current settings is fine. As far as the canonical set Yes for both category and products then we are fine with the duplicate content error of Google.

But I think you can set this option:

"Use Categories Path for Product URLs" to "No" to remove category name on title.

I see you have 2 urls

http://www.wallart2u.com/girls-wall-...t-sticker.html

http://www.wallart2u.com/fairy-with-...t-sticker.html

They point to the same product page. In this case we are fine with Google because canonical url is the same. But we shouldn't make google have to more work on canonical check. Basically, we help Google do everything as fast as possible, it will help our site better in Google.

Hope it help.

Thanks

I think your settings at a moment now is good enough, so you don't have to change on URL settings. I should focus much more to content, description, title and try to have focus keywords for each product.

Thanks

you should use the Magento SEO plugin

Thanks

Magento is one of the most search engine friendly eCommerce platforms straight out of the box, but there are several known issues that can be taken care of to optimize your Magento SEO. ... You will find this setting under System => Configuration => Web => Search Engines Optimization.
    Buy Ebike UK|Drones for Sale UK|
    segway black Friday|All Terrain Hoverboard|Drone sale UK|Mini Drone uk|Driving schools Birmingham|Driving school Birmingham|Argos Hoverboard