Magento Expert Forum - Improve your Magento experience
Magento Store Pages General Configuration
This section describes how to configure general aspects of your frontend pages.
These configurations are performed in the Configuration area of the Admin Panel. This is very basic knowledge what all of administrator of magento have to understand and do it usually.
To access the Configuration section, select System > Configuration. The tabs in the left column provide access to configuration options for different aspects of your Magento CE instance. The Current Configuration Scope drop-down list in the upper left corner of the page enables you to select the hierarch level (website, store, store view) to which the configuration will be applied. To apply configuration settings at the global level (that is, for all your websites, stores, and store views), leave Default Config selected.
To open the options for configuring your store pages design click the Design tab in the left column. The Design page opens with a number of field sets.
HTML Head Field Set
The settings in the HTML Head field set on the Design tab are used to define general information about your store’s pages. These settings may not be visible to your customers, but they are important for things such as traffic analytics and search engine optimization.
To define general page features:
1. Click the HTML Head heading to expand the field set
2. Click the Browse button and select an icon file (on your local computer) to use as a “favicon.” This small icon appears in the address bar of your customers’ browsers.
3. In the Default Title field, specify the page title to be displayed in browsers for those pages that do not have their own title. This information is also used to improve search engine visibility and performance.
4. In the Title Prefix and Title Suffix fields, specify a prefix and a suffix to be appended to the pages of your web store that have their own title, such as a prefix of My Web Store.
5. In the Default Description and Default Keywords fields specify words that describe your web store to be used by search engines when page-specific information is not provided. Keywords must be separated by commas.
6. Optional. Select Display Demo Store Notice to display a notice at the top of every page that indicates that this is a demo store and that no transactions will be processed. This option is useful while you are setting up your store prior to opening for business.
7. Click the Save Config button on the top right of the page.
Header Field Set
The options on the Header field set define the look of the top of each page in your store.
To define the header of each web store page:
1. Click the Header tab to expand the section
2. In the Logo Image Src field, specify the logo graphic file to appear on the top left of each page of your web store, as shown in Figure 20 for the Magento Demo Store. Make sure that you name your logo something other than logo.gif, so it does not get overwritten in future upgrades.
3. In the Logo Image Alt field, specify the alternative text to be displayed when your customers hover their mouse cursors over the logo image in your web store.
4. In the Welcome Text field, specify the welcome message to be displayed on the top right of your web store for customers that are not logged in
5. Click Save Config to save your changes.
Footer Field Set
The options in the Footer field set define what is displayed at the bottom of each web page in your store.
To define the footer of your web store pages:
1. Select the Footer option to expand the page to display the footer options
2. In the Copyright field, specify your web store’s copyright information.
3. In the Miscellaneous HTML field, specify the custom HTML code to be added to the end of the page code that is generated by Magento CE. This area is usually used for adding tracking scripts that track your customers’ activity on the site.
4. Click Save Config to save your changes.
View more threads in the same category:
oh that's good and i like it.
By golddev in forum Webmaster & Administrator
Last Post: 02-07-2013, 10:26 AM
By david in forum Webmaster & Administrator
Last Post: 19-03-2013, 03:28 AM
Tags for this Thread