Magento Expert Forum - Improve your Magento experience

Magento Tips for finding a Best Magento Hosting

Thanks

Smile Magento Tips for finding a Best Magento Hosting

I met a lot of problems with my magento sites in the past and you will never know that most of problem come from server part. That 's mean a server is not designed for magento will take you a lot of time to take care. Base on it, I have a list of stuffs need to consider when you choose a magento hosting then it should save you time and money.

1. Magento Server resources and configuration for magento

It doesn’t make sense if a hosting you buy can’t run magento so that you need to make sure the hosting provider have configured their host work best for magento. It is not like wordpress, joomla, drupal… what very easy to run on any host. With magento if you don’t choose the right provider it will not work at all.

So as far as the hosting provider say they have magento hosting package then it should be fine.

2. Magento Security

The most important of ecommerce is security. You need to figure out the hosting have good security or not. At least they have backup functionaltiy, alert and support SSL easy.

3. Server Location & load speed

The last and the important is the speed of your site. It usually belong to location but it belong to the server hardware resource also. Server are not allowed to have too many hosts on server to keep share memory, CPU work well.

The speed will help you sales better and your customers more happy so that you should choose a provider have location near you. If the provider have many locations then it should be better to your business since your business usually need to be flexible.

4. Support time & Magento support

Do the hosting have magento support? how many minutes in average response time? How many years they start the job in hosting industry?

Let ‘s find the answer for that and you will have way to choose the best.

My team experience so we are usually choose SiteGround Magento Host for our magento because they meet very well the requirements above and they have server in Euro, US, ASIA. It ‘s nice provider.

Hope this article help you.

View more threads in the same category:

Thanks

No word to say. Thank you very much shunavi, I have a very long nightmare with magento hosting since I spend a lot of money for expensive VPS but it doesn't work. I have to say your hosting option siteground 's the best magento hosting provider. It work very good and they even have great support too. Thanks

Thanks

I see they have supercacher what potential faster a lot. How can I use it for my magento site?

Thanks

I tried to use them for a month until now, the true thing is they provide a very good hosting services but not sure why when I try to request support ticket, the average time reply always more than 7 minutes in the case they say the response time average is 7 minutes. Do you guys have any idea with this? Should I require the reply time faster or I expected too much?

Thanks

The support time will belong to what you request, if you request too hard then you should give them sometimes to think about the solution, but it will not take more than one hour before you get reply. For me, it 's more than enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by conway View Post
    I tried to use them for a month until now, the true thing is they provide a very good hosting services but not sure why when I try to request support ticket, the average time reply always more than 7 minutes in the case they say the response time average is 7 minutes. Do you guys have any idea with this? Should I require the reply time faster or I expected too much?