Magento Expert Forum - Improve your Magento experience

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 43

UK Magento Hosting - What is the best choice?

  1. #1
    Junior Member frerika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Question UK Magento Hosting - What is the best choice?

    UK Magento Hosting is really difficult to choose, they are just not work for me since it take a lot of server problem and slow too. Not sure why but I expect somewhere they have shared web hosting for magento and work fast. I need your advice very much to choose a UK Magento Hosting provider and to get my customers happy. Thanks a lot. Please do quick help.

    View more threads in the same category:


  2. The Following User Says Thank You to frerika For This Useful Post:

    david (14-11-2013)

  3. #2
    Moderator shunavi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    130
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 29 Times in 15 Posts

    Default

    UK Magento Hosting is not easy to choose, the problem is not just come from the provider but come from the customers. Why I say that? For example: provider 1 local in UK have 100 customers and another global provider have 1 000 000 customers then which one do you think better?

    I bet with you that the one who have 1 000 000 customers will provide you the best services, because they have a lot of experience how to make magento site work best and how to fix the normal problems (I can say almost problem you meet they already met), so almost your magento support needed will be served quickly by the best result.

    So I guess you know why.

    My experience is when you choose a magento hosting provider, they must have:

    - Magento hosting package configuration: what they invest to configure server for magento only to get the best performance

    - Magento support: of course very neccessary since almost customers will need help

    - Security: they must take care the server security for us

    - Speed and location: they should have a better caching system more than file caching system (slowest caching) and their server near your customers as much as possible.

    So, in UK you only need server in Europe then it should be fine enough. After all I recommend SiteGround magento hosting who got everything you need and have server in Europe. They provide supercacher with cache server and memcache what help you lot for your site.

    Hope it help you.

  4. #3
    Junior Member wphd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    It work very well for me, thanks shunavi.

  5. #4
    Junior Member golddev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    45
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 6 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Siteground have no server location in UK but I used the Amsterdam server for all of my customers in UK and they work very well. As far as you are in Europe I believe this server work fast enough. What we need here is a good magento hosting provider and I think they did a good job

  6. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    I feel that nexcess is good for magento hosting. For any different purpose you can use magento platform to build your website especially for ecommerce. It has various magento extensions and themes available to make the store more elegant and to create a perfect framework. Here you can find many more magento extensions.

  7. #6
    Junior Member londondaily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    I already used siteground and nexcess, they are all having a good hosting with good speed. But the support quality of SiteGround is better a lot. Other than that SiteGround have supercacher with memcache, proxy cache... what is a very good support to speed up magento site.

    Quote Originally Posted by kristenhanna View Post
    I feel that nexcess is good for magento hosting. For any different purpose you can use magento platform to build your website especially for ecommerce. It has various magento extensions and themes available to make the store more elegant and to create a perfect framework. Here you can find many more magento extensions.

  8. #7
    New member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    I would say yes for siteground for enterprise magento system too. They support very well for my site. 2k/day for GrowBig hosting package just work very good. Just need to look at a little bit their supercacher then it work very nice.

  9. #8
    Junior Member Pablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I see the magento site work nice enough without supercacher configuration, but of course, it would be nice to make even more fast. Do you have any document for supercacher configuration? Or can we request the document from Magento Expert Forum guys?
    Quote Originally Posted by IkerIT View Post
    I would say yes for siteground for enterprise magento system too. They support very well for my site. 2k/day for GrowBig hosting package just work very good. Just need to look at a little bit their supercacher then it work very nice.

  10. #9
    New member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    You just need to send the support ticket and then the hosting company will help you about supercacher very detail.

  11. #10
    Junior Member Pablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I got your links, thank you very much. They are all fast. Nice to know a good way to make magento fast like that. Great!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by IkerIT View Post
    You just need to send the support ticket and then the hosting company will help you about supercacher very detail.

  12. #11
    Junior Member frerika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    After more than one year to try with the suggestion of shunavi, I have to try to get back to here to confirm that the hosting he recommend is very good so far until now. If you are serious in hosting plan and want to have the good quality hosting then I willing recommend you try them. Thanks guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by shunavi View Post
    UK Magento Hosting is not easy to choose, the problem is not just come from the provider but come from the customers. Why I say that? For example: provider 1 local in UK have 100 customers and another global provider have 1 000 000 customers then which one do you think better?

    I bet with you that the one who have 1 000 000 customers will provide you the best services, because they have a lot of experience how to make magento site work best and how to fix the normal problems (I can say almost problem you meet they already met), so almost your magento support needed will be served quickly by the best result.

    So I guess you know why.

    My experience is when you choose a magento hosting provider, they must have:

    - Magento hosting package configuration: what they invest to configure server for magento only to get the best performance

    - Magento support: of course very neccessary since almost customers will need help

    - Security: they must take care the server security for us

    - Speed and location: they should have a better caching system more than file caching system (slowest caching) and their server near your customers as much as possible.

    So, in UK you only need server in Europe then it should be fine enough. After all I recommend SiteGround magento hosting who got everything you need and have server in Europe. They provide supercacher with cache server and memcache what help you lot for your site.

    Hope it help you.

  13. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    How much your site traffic daily and how many products in your shop? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by frerika View Post
    After more than one year to try with the suggestion of shunavi, I have to try to get back to here to confirm that the hosting he recommend is very good so far until now. If you are serious in hosting plan and want to have the good quality hosting then I willing recommend you try them. Thanks guys.

  14. #13
    Junior Member frerika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    At a moment, it serve ~1000 unique visits/day
    Quote Originally Posted by laura89 View Post
    How much your site traffic daily and how many products in your shop? Thanks

  15. #14
    Junior Member rocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    106
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frerika View Post
    At a moment, it serve ~1000 unique visits/day
    That 's good traffic for a website, you must make a lot of money hah?!

  16. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    That 's good traffic for a website, you must make a lot of money hah?!
    Belong to many factors, the best hosting, the best business plan will make the best revenue

  17. #16
    Junior Member frerika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by laura89 View Post
    Belong to many factors, the best hosting, the best business plan will make the best revenue
    It 's of course a business secret I can't tell you guys here. Sorry for that if I do something wrong. But I must say, the good hosting plan with good speed help me a lot of get my customers back to my website again and again.

  18. #17
    Junior Member jaredovi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    69
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts

    Default

    frerika, can you tell me the most user traffic location to your site? And what CDN solution you are using for that?

  19. #18
    Junior Member frerika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jaredovi View Post
    frerika, can you tell me the most user traffic location to your site? And what CDN solution you are using for that?
    The most of my site traffic from UK and around 20% from US and 10% in other EU countries. I am using cloudflare as free CDN

  20. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    GREAT Britain
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    This could be helpful for you guys

    http://www.magentodedicatedserver.co...gento-hosting/


  21. #20
    Junior Member atwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Commerce View Post
    Just one word - Nexcess
    I already tried nexcess, I always think it 's expensive then it should work well but it doesn't. It 's slower than I think. I have to get out of them after 2 weeks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •