Magento Expert Forum - Improve your Magento experience

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Free magento hosting - Does it work?

Thanks

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rocker For This Useful Post:

david (14-11-2013)

Thanks

First of all, I highly recommend you shouldn't use free magento hosting for your magento project because:

- It will be very slow, it doesn't make sense for any development and product of course
    - It will take you a lot of time just for fix the funny bug from server part (not for magento part)
    - It will make your project slow down and fail easily
    - No magento support from server side what we really need in development or product of course.

Free magento hosting is not usable for any purpose in magento industry.

So I highly recommend you choose a paid but high quality magento hosting to get your project speed up, save time and save money include good speed and best support. My team favorite Magento Hosting provider is SiteGround magento package . You can try and see if it work well for you.

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks for your advice speed2x, I has just done a quick register to get it work. Work very good now. Take my first money but hope it will save money later on .

Thanks

You are right, speed2x. I already got one free option and it just doesn't work at all. It take a lot of time of my developer guy without turn out any result.

Thanks

Very simple, it doesn't work with free magento hosting . No one willing spend a lot of resource without any revenue.

Thanks

I would suggest don't go for free hosting as web hosting providers offers very poor services & your site will have to suffer due to this. so its better to go for paid services.

Thanks

Work for me speed2x, it 's really fast. I don't want to take any free hosting, even with very expensive VPS solution but they don't know how to configure for magento, it doesn't work too. I like the way they configure hosting for only magento. It work really well and stable.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by byron View Post
    I don't want to take any free hosting, even with very expensive VPS solution but they don't know how to configure for magento, it doesn't work too.
    I agree. Using free hosting may give you more headache than advantages. That's why, I'm with Jodohost VPS hosting and they really deliver full Magento configuration. You can take a look on their packages at http://www.jodohost.com/windows-vps-hosting.asp. Hope this helps.

Thanks

It work very NICE, speed2x. It save me a lot of time to get up my magento site since the last hosting provider just doesn't work. With your suggestion, everything work smooth include solving itself the magento core error from support team of siteground. It 's really nice team and provide the nice service.

Thanks

just to give a demo to client i want to setup free magento hosting please help friends to get free magento web hosting

Thanks

Thanks

Default Magento Free hosting

Quote Originally Posted by speed2x View Post

If you are planning to start a Magento deal website there is a chance to get free hosting of 750 hours of each month of one year offered my Amazon EC2.
    You could even try before you buy it. Dont miss your chance. For more details @ http://bit.ly/1oKdfiH

Thanks

Say no with free magento hosting, you can check this tutorial to know why we should say no with free magento hosting

Thanks

Well, I finally choose SiteGround for my magento site. web2markethosting just drive me crazy.

Thanks

I wouldn't recommend it. Nothing's free in today's world, and the server will most likely be incredible slow and not suited to run Magento properly.

Thanks

Lightbulb

As my aunt would always say - "You can only get free cheese in a mouse trap"

Free hosting is generally a bad idea, especially for a growing Magento business. However, there are options, which you could explore. For example, providers like Amazon should have a free hosting option for a period of time. AWS has a 1 year free hosting offer. Very good to test out the waters and the technology.

At MageCloud, we work with AWS, Rackspace and Softlayer for hosting options. If you're interested, check out our hosting page.

The big takeaway here is that the superb technology, support, scalability and uptimes don't come with any of the free options, because it involves an incredible amount of resources to run a good hosting. For example, Rackspace has 10Gbps connections within their infrastructure for cloud. Imagine the amount of resources to look after a system like this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by katkajohn View Post
    Well, I finally choose SiteGround for my magento site. web2markethosting just drive me crazy.
    Yeah, SiteGround is still the best. We don't have to care anything, just leave the magento installation for support team and they take care the rest and make sure my site work well, fast and secure. That 's why I love a managed hosting package instead of a VPS what 's expensive but not include the management service.

Thanks

I won't recommend a free hosting for Magento, since speed and security would be a big issue in that case. Instead of free hosting, you can go for more affordable hosting, like Cloudways or Linode. Since they provide dedicated servers, speed and security won't be an issue.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to olivedev For This Useful Post:

soctrang (16-05-2017)

Thanks

Magento + Free Hosting isn't a right combination. You will be stuck in deep trouble, and also it will cost you more (concerning services and user experience) as compare to Cloud/Dedicated hosting.

I would recommend you to use Cloudways which provides 1-click managed and dedicated cloud hosting servers that are specially optimized for the Magento stores. With the combined power of ThunderStack, you get supersonic page load speeds, and Magento stores run faster than ever, and this all happens because of the Cloudways Managed Magento Hosting Platform.

This means online Store Owners can serve more customers as compared to their competitors.

Thanks

Best FREE Magento facilitating. WPNode Provides altogether free Magento facilitating which has no adverts or concealed charges intended to get you out. It is very brisk with extreme security set up. What's more, our Ninja bolster is accessible day in and day out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast