Magento Expert Forum - Improve your Magento experience

Common issues with importing/exporting

Thanks

Post Common issues with importing/exporting

You can learn how to import your products in Magento by following the corresponding part of our tutorial:

How to Import Products in Magento

However, during the import and the export procedures different issues can occur.

The most common ones are as follows:

• Incorrect CSV file formatting - A bad formatting of a CSV file can cause a failed data import or missing rows after the import. The issue occurs more often with CSV files created with MS Excel since CSV is more prone to data failures due to bad formatting.

• Issues with short descriptions - Although you can use a custom size for short descriptions in Magento, it is recommended that you limit them to 255 characters.• Issues with import/export paths - The import/export paths should be writable. Otherwise, the corresponding procedures will fail. More details on how to set the files and folders permissions can be found in our cPanel tutorial.

• Problems with images locations - If we import images with the products, they should be stored in the /media/import folder. Otherwise error messages will be displayed and the images will not be imported. For example, if the value of the image collumn is /image_subfolder/image.jpg then the correct path will be /media/import/image_subfolder/image.jpg.

• Problems with multiple images import - The import of multiple images through CSV and MS Excel image, small image and thumbnail image columns is causing problems.

View more threads in the same category:

Thanks

We have an application that offers an easier way to import products and addresses some of these issues. You can get more info on it at www.ClaraStream.com and feel free to email me at [email protected] if you have any questions.

Thanks

Default Advice on doing a bulk import of 2000+ products to my magento CE store

Looking for advice on doing a bulk import of 2000+ products to my magento CE store. The store already has over 1000 products loaded. Looking to add several thousands more products from 2-4 different vendor companies.

Q. Do the .csv files that I would use for the import, need to have the exact same column heading names as the database that the site is already using for the products already loaded?

Or put another way, can the column heading names for the .csv files from the new vendor companies, be different from the column headings being used by the product database that the site is currently using..?? Thank you to anyone that can help educate me on this.

Thanks

Thanks Jaredovi for such valuable information. Good Job. Keep it up.

Thanks

Some time its hard to import all products like that. we have products 10000+ and its become very slow, any solution to make it fast.

Thanks

Name:  magento_certified.png
Views: 1788
Size:  127.6 KB

Thanks Jaredovi for such valuable information. Good Job.
    Continue the good work.
    if you encounter the same problem please contact us SIMICART ready to answer all your questions.
    I wish you a good day!

Thanks

We have namespacing rules in Moodle to avoid name collision problems, and the quiz module has a class called quiz.
    Code in common cartridge import should be pre-fixing all its class and function names with an appropriate prefix say, backup_cc_ or something. PHP Training in Chennai | | VMware Training in Chennai

Thanks

Thank you Jaredovi for sharing this with us.

Thanks

Importing and exporting online store data using the Volusion Import / Export system allows you to quickly update or modify

Buzz Apps

Thanks

Really like the dear information you offer in your articles. I’m able to bookmark your site and show the kids check out up here generally
    messenger indir

Thanks

Thanks for sharing!
    What's about import and exporting product views in Magento 2? Beside using extension like that, is there any other solution?

Thanks

Default Magento provides functions to import and export products via CSV but does not allow us to import and export product reviews into the website. In Magento 2, this drawback has not been improved. Therefore, an extension called Magento 2 Import/Export Product Reviews is developed to help users to control reviews when changing websites.
    + Import product reviews via a CSV file
    + Provide a sample CSV file to download and follow
    + Export all product reviews into a CSV file also

Thanks

Talking Nice post

Where else could I get that type of info written in such an ideal way? I have a project that I’m just now working on, and I have been on the look out for such information. street view

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Melisa View Post
    Default Magento provides functions to import and export products via CSV but does not allow us to import and export product reviews into the website. In Magento 2, this drawback has not been improved. Therefore, an extension called Magento 2 Import/Export Product Reviews is developed to help users to control reviews when changing websites.
    + Import product reviews via a CSV file
    + Provide a sample CSV file to download and follow
    + Export all product reviews into a CSV file also
    Super convienent using this to import products unto your website, i just now wish they would improve excel :_

Thanks

There were many problems in import and export files While using Megento like CSV File format, Images locations and others.

Thanks

Lack of knowledge on exchange rates. ...
    Lousy relationship with customs officials. ...
    Making a bribe. ...
    Being clueless about import restrictions or control on a product. ...
    Failure to conform to packaging, marking, and language (localization) laws. ...
    Unfamiliarity of Incoterms and how they affect a sale. ...
    Bad record keeping