Magento Expert Forum - Improve your Magento experience

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

How to upload a Magento theme?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jaredovi View Post
    Once you pick a theme and open its details page, click Install Now, select the Magento Connect version (if you are using Magento 1.5 or newer, you need to select version 2.0, otherwise leave the default 1.0), agree to the extension license agreement and click on the Get Extension Key button.

The extension key will be visualised. Select and copy it.

Open the Magento Admin Area->System->Magento Connect->Magento Connect Manager. Enter again the admin login details and paste the extension key in the Paste extension key to install field. Click on the Install button.

Once the installation is completed return to the Magento Admin Area and open System->Configuration->Design->Themes.

Enter the theme name in the Default field and click on the Save Config button.

The front page might not load correctly. The reason could be the number of the columns in the new theme's home page layout.You can fix this through the Magento Admin Area->CMS->Pages. You will find two home pages. One is with 2 columns layout and the other is with one. Disable the first one and enable the second by clicking on their status links.

Now the front page will appear correctly with the new theme.

Very helpful tips you sahre with us Mr.Jaredovi. Now it look so easy and safe to upload a Magento theme

Thanks

thanks for explaining that easy step with images really cool man.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jaredovi View Post
    Once you pick a theme and open its details page, click Install Now, select the Magento Connect version (if you are using Magento 1.5 or newer, you need to select version 2.0, otherwise leave the default 1.0), agree to the extension license agreement and click on the Get Extension Key button.

The extension key will be visualised. Select and copy it.

Open the Magento Admin Area->System->Magento Connect->Magento Connect Manager. Enter again the admin login details and paste the extension key in the Paste extension key to install field. Click on the Install button.

Once the installation is completed return to the Magento Admin Area and open System->Configuration->Design->Themes.

Enter the theme name in the Default field and click on the Save Config button.

The front page might not load correctly. The reason could be the number of the columns in the new theme's home page layout.You can fix this through the Magento Admin Area->CMS->Pages. You will find two home pages. One is with 2 columns layout and the other is with one. Disable the first one and enable the second by clicking on their status links.

Thanks Jaredovi very nice post share..

Thanks

You can upload the theme in another way. Like as, you can copy select key and open http://www.freegento.com/ site and paste in textarea. Click on direct download magento extension this way you can download zip file and paste in your root folder.

149 Mcafee court , Thousand Oaks CA 91360
    Thanks

Here is you can find the ultimate guide of upload Magento Theme https://www.siteground.com/tutorials...nto_themes.htm

Thanks

How can i install a themes to magento and active category

Thanks

Hello anirban,
    The themes are not working. I selected each one from this collection http://designpixer.com/2015/free-boo...emplates-2015/ but it giving me error. I am new to magento so please help me to install the themes.

Thanks

Seem easy to understand, thanks to the illustrated image.

Thanks

Hi jaredovi, thank you so much for your answer, I am a beginner in magento and it will help me a lot.

Thanks

Thank for sharing

Thanks

You also refer more Magento tutorial about Creating a Module in Magento 2

Thanks

Ok any other way ?

mobile application developer

Thanks

I asked question but no one replied!!
    Can I use thie free html5 templates ?

Thanks

I followed along the above tutorial to install Magento 2 theme but it did not work. Maybe because the tutorial is not for Magento 2. However, I came across the following article on how to install and setup Magento 2 theme manually, which I found very useful.

Name:  Install-Magento-theme.jpg
Views: 983
Size:  56.0 KB

For details: How to Install Magento 2 Theme

Thanks

yaa good helpful tips.

Expert
    Thanks

Hi,

The extension key will be visualised, so you can select and copy it. Then, open the Magento Admin Area and go to System -> Magento Connect -> Magento Connect Manager. Enter again the admin login details and paste the extension key in the Paste extension key to install field. Finally, click on the Install button.

Once the installation is completed return to the Magento Admin Area and open System -> Configuration -> Design -> Themes. Enter the theme name in the Default field and click on the Save Config button.

The front page might not load correctly. The reason could be the number of the columns in the new theme's home page layout. You can fix this by going to CMS -> Pages. You will find two home pages. One is with 2 columns layout and the other is with one. Disable the first one and enable the second by clicking on their status links.

Thanks

Then, open the Magento Admin Area and go to System -> Magento Connect -> Magento Connect Manager. Enter again the admin login details and paste the extension key in the Paste extension key to install field. Finally, click on the Install button.

Thanks

I also used to do the same trick to upload the magento theme. Increase your online presence and sales by using our powerful High PR forum posting service.

Thanks

In short: you need to disable cache, download theme and install theme via connect manager, turn on cache.

Thanks

Thanks for the tutorial! It works perfectly!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast